Kodi users please enter

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
I signed up for 3 months for Smoothstreams last week and couldn't be happier so far. Comes to about $10 a month for high quality sports streams (including PPV events). Has a really solid Kodi addon that has a "comcastlike" channel guide for finding sports. So far every MLB, Olympic, UFC fight, etc has been streamed perfectly. Its been invite only for years, but they opened up invitations for a short period.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SmoothStreamsTV

Frank Dukes

TCG Elite Member
May 5, 2009
Rockfordia
I played with Kodi a bit on my laptop after my brother raved about getting rid of DirecTV. definitely a lot of content available if you look in the right places.... finding those can be cumbersome though.

Worst part is still having to pay comcast almost 100 bucks a month for high speed. i'm not paying much more than that for cable and internet... I'm gonna put a Kodi stick on the garage tv and play with it some more though.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
I played with Kodi a bit on my laptop after my brother raved about getting rid of DirecTV. definitely a lot of content available if you look in the right places.... finding those can be cumbersome though.

Worst part is still having to pay comcast almost 100 bucks a month for high speed. i'm not paying much more than that for cable and internet... I'm gonna put a Kodi stick on the garage tv and play with it some more though.

I pay $50 a month for my internet through WOW!, and $10 a month for SmoothStreams (sports provider).

If you use Exodus and Phoenix addons that will provide you with just about any TV show or movie you'd like to watch. Sports can be trickier/cumbersome, hence why I said "F it" and pay $10 a month for a service.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
so smoothstream is sports only?

It has HBO, Showtime, FX, FXX, AMC, HGTV, Food Network, Nat Geo, and a few others I'm sure I'm forgetting.

The focus is sports, and their channel guide for sports in Kodi is like Comcast. They have been adding more and more non-sports cable channels, and they stream perfect, but the guide is not there for them yet. Sports though literally has everything you'd ever want, college sports, pro sports, international sports, WWE, UFC, Boxing PPV's, etc.

5af5aea159872c306a57c0a0eb947817.jpg

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Anybody have any info on the new CBS All Access channel? See it on Kodi anywhere? It's a rip off to pay $7 or $10 a month for one or two shows, especially since I already pay for CBS through my cable. If CBS had a fair price, I'd subscribe. For comparison I pay around that for Netflix entire line up of original shows.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
Just did a refresh of my Kodi install on my firestick.

Very impressed with some of the newer addons.

I think thinking about getting fire tv for the main room now...
I have the stick for the bedroom and the fire TV for the living room.

I've just done the basic install of kodi. What else is out there?

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Exodus
Phoenix
SALTS
1 Channel

Are the 4 video ones have installed right now for regular media.

This guy is the bomb for Kodi help:

https://seo-michael.co.uk/

Was using this:

https://seo-michael.co.uk/top-10-add-ons/

Bookmark and read his whole site.

I need to change skins though. The default (confluence) only allows 5 shortcuts and I'd like some more. But I like the basic interface, fancy doesn't impress me and makes it more complicated for my wife which never ends well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info