Kia Stinger GT - RWD, 365hp

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
They are using a LAP3 which is some what similar to say JB4 in the BMW world. They obviously are using it to increase boost etc. But they have not been able to crack the ECU encryption. So there is no ECU tune on the market yet to take the car to full potential.

** On a side note JB4 are in the process of beta testing 10 Stinger GTs. So more fun to come!**

Ok. So no flash tune yet. But under WOT they are probably getting most of what they need to be changed actually changed. Boost levels, fueling, timing, and so on.

I have used a few piggy-back style tuners on several different platforms. They have their drawbacks for sure. I am sure the flash tunes for this will be smoother and safer. But not sure they will see much more power other than in tweaking the tune more.

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
Ok. So no flash tune yet. But under WOT they are probably getting most of what they need to be changed actually changed. Boost levels, fueling, timing, and so on.

I have used a few piggy-back style tuners on several different platforms. They have their drawbacks for sure. I am sure the flash tunes for this will be smoother and safer. But not sure they will see much more power other than in tweaking the tune more.

The LAP3 is definitely not as refined as the JB4 is. So I am glad they are in the mix. There have been some overboosting issues and plugs/coils causing problems on a few cars. Nothing major with the LAP3. As for power Im guessing there is a little more out there to gain. We shall see. I would not be surprised if they hit the 500HP with a flash tune.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
What do you mean when you say "no real tune"? They are obviously making some tuning changes to make that kind of power.

Those are pretty stout number for sure.

I bet they are more interested in making intakes and FMIC's than piggyback tuners if the are not showing the boost graphs. It's impressive what the car can pickup but I agree they have to be pushing more boost because I can't see factory crap being that restrictive especially when they say "91 mode and 93 mode"

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
Yes please?

3933230-stinger2.jpg

Oh wow! That needs to be in my garage.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I bet they are more interested in making intakes and FMIC's than piggyback tuners if the are not showing the boost graphs. It's impressive what the car can pickup but I agree they have to be pushing more boost because I can't see factory crap being that restrictive especially when they say "91 mode and 93 mode"

Oh I am sure they want to push parts te sell for sure. I bet at the larger numbers both would be beneficial anyway. Stock stuff usually isn't designed to be efficient past stock. Plus people like to bolt new parts on the car. lol

So eventually tuners will show the added boost to get those numbers on their tunes. Just have to wait for the info to come out eventually.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
https://www.motor1.com/news/365759/kia-stinger-secret-incentive/

If you’ve been saving to buy a Kia Stinger, now is probably the right time to take the plunge as there are some sweet deals out there. Our colleagues at Cars Direct have managed to find out Kia has set up a dealer cash incentive worth as much as $3,000, which in theory means you can save as much as three grand on a shiny new Stinger.

Don’t get too excited just yet because dealers are not forced in any way to pass along the money to the customer as they can keep the profit for themselves. Bear in mind the full $3,000 price reduction available through September 3 is applicable only for the V6 version whereas the lesser four-cylinder model is discounted by $2,000. As a refresher, the base Stinger 2.0L starts at $32,990 and the 3.3-liter Stinger GT is available from $39,300 in the United States.

The dealer cash incentive can be combined with a conquest incentive as Kia is offering a bonus if you’re coming from a rival automaker. The V6-powered versions of the Stinger get an extra $2,000 off while the four-banger gets its price slashed by $1,000.

Combining the two incentives means one can save as much as $5,000 for a 365-horsepower Stinger or $3,000 for the 255-hp model, provided the dealer fully passes along Kia’s cash incentive. Alternatively, Cars Direct mentions some buyers qualify for 0% financing for 75 months, but going down this road means you won’t be able to enjoy the dealer cash discount.

Interestingly, it looks like some Kia dealers might already be taking into account all of the discounts and bonuses applicable to drive down the Stinger’s price as much as possible. One relevant example comes from Woodbridge, Virginia where a dealer has a rear-wheel-drive Stinger GT painted in HiChroma Red with an MSRP $41,130 it’s selling for just $28,994, so a massive $12,136 discount.

These price cuts come at the right time considering sales of the Stinger are significantly down year-to-date in the U.S. where Kia sold 8,013 units compared to the 10,144 vehicles delivered in the January-July 2018 interval.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I read a few posts that seem to indicate the PCM had been cracked finally. So direct tuning was possible, but still difficult and not yet wide spread.

I know from the few video's I've seen, even the piggy-back stuff seems to have gotten some good #'s out of the engine. 400-450whp.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info