Ketosis

skeezer

TCG Elite Member
Jan 3, 2008
Luke's Beef
I suppose this is still going well. I'm not running out of gas at any point.

Weight is gradually coming off. It's not drastic, but over time it's substantial.

Over a week using Kegenix and I'm yet to feel any of this Ketosis flu that people talk about trying to attain this state without supplements.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
I suppose this is still going well. I'm not running out of gas at any point.

Weight is gradually coming off. It's not drastic, but over time it's substantial.

Over a week using Kegenix and I'm yet to feel any of this Ketosis flu that people talk about trying to attain this state without supplements.

You are lucky... I did something like this a couple of years ago and I was useless for 3-4 days. Got back down to 215 before throwing out my back laying out for a disc and putting it all back on.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
I have some friends that have done this with huge loss in fat, big gains in muscle due to lifting.......

I have to sack up and jump on this band wagon....

Props to yall doing this

I could NOT power lift while on keto. Did not have the steam to get through heavy lifts. Even with CKD (cycling in good carbs on the weekends), I would burn through all the carbs on my Monday leg day workouts and be back to keto fuel only by Tuesday.

It's REAL tough to do big weights and not gas when you're in ketosis. At least it was for me.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Needed to do something myself, can't remain being this heavy for long term at all....

Figure my main foods consisted of meat, bread, and dairy already so I just need to bounce the bread out and go from there...

Anyone have any cookbooks or anything to recommend for this? I did some quick reading and found a few replacements that looked promising.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
meats and cheese? im listening.

The beauty of keto. Keto in the most basic form is just substituting protein and fat for most of your carb intake....after xx amount of days, your body will know to use fat and protein for primary fuel instead of carbs (ketosis). Since your body prefers fat in ketosis, youll lose weight faster since it will target your fat reserves when it needs fuel instead of your carb reserves.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
With the CKD version, you're supposed to cycle in carbs every week - specifically so you can hit the weights hard once and immediately following.

If you're not feeling low on power in the gym on this diet and you're CONFIRMED to be in ketosis, stop being a pussy and lift like you mean it! :rofl: You should definitely feel a different level of strength in the gym if you're doing this right. It's one of the main complaints for people.

skeezer

TCG Elite Member
Jan 3, 2008
Luke's Beef
With the CKD version, you're supposed to cycle in carbs every week - specifically so you can hit the weights hard once and immediately following.

If you're not feeling low on power in the gym on this diet and you're CONFIRMED to be in ketosis, stop being a pussy and lift like you mean it! :rofl: You should definitely feel a different level of strength in the gym if you're doing this right. It's one of the main complaints for people.

I feel stronger every week. I'm ahead of the game regardless.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
This is week 3 for me, down 8 pounds since I started it and feeling good, not tired or anything throughout the day. I used to get tired like an hour after lunch and that doesnt seem to be happening since I started this....

I bought the Ketostix too, while I know I'm not ingesting many carbs at all, it's good to see the stick turn purple once in awhile just to know I'm still doing well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info