Just lost my vacation...

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
One of the guys I work with has been on the management/HR side before. He said they were essentially paying them out as comp days, which they are not supposed to do. Probably got caught, and changed the policy to cover their ass. It's only going to take 1 person to call the labor board. I don't know an exact number, but I believe Daifuku has something like 5K employees. Chances are good someone will call.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Am I the only one that sees the humor in the company’s name? Daifuku?
Daifuku2!

No, we say it all the time.

I wonder if the local news would be interested, since we hire mostly vets? Like 95-98% of the people at Daifuku are ex-military

I can just see it now..."large multinational company takes away benefits for vets"..."Amazon forces vets to work holidays and use own vacation to cover building closures"...

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
No, we say it all the time.

I wonder if the local news would be interested, since we hire mostly vets? Like 95-98% of the people at Daifuku are ex-military

I can just see it now..."large multinational company takes away benefits for vets"..."Amazon forces vets to work holidays and use own vacation to cover building closures"...

Chanel 5 investigates exclusive!

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
One of the guys I work with has been on the management/HR side before. He said they were essentially paying them out as comp days, which they are not supposed to do. Probably got caught, and changed the policy to cover their ass. It's only going to take 1 person to call the labor board. I don't know an exact number, but I believe Daifuku has something like 5K employees. Chances are good someone will call.

Paying out as comp days? Not sure I understand this.. but just curious since I’m at a “similar facility”.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Hmm.. Do not disqualify yourself from ANY plant maintenance. That's my back up field. That shit is basically what we do just in a different setting. Dio, change parts, profit.

Don’t you talk all the time about not knowing home repair stuff?

If it’s that easy to swap does that mean I canz be diesul mekanik since I know maintenance? :s00ls:

That being said, get your foot in someplace where there’s plenty of room for advancement and you should be good. Essentially how I got started when I worked maintenance, started on a second shift then worked from there.

Would definitely go back to it if I needed to, may be looking sooner than later.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info