JLT high boost CAI install problems...

grey03svt

Reaction score
How does this filter fit into the fender?? does it go straight down, or up and over the fender???

the filter is getting trashed trying to fit it in there......

01SVT19

Reaction score
How does this filter fit into the fender?? does it go straight down, or up and over the fender???

the filter is getting trashed trying to fit it in there......
If I remember correctly try taking the fender liner off and installing it from the bottom to avoid any damage. I believe it sits vertical and goes straight down.

OP
grey03svt

grey03svt

Reaction score
ya i got it there now. i had to roll the inner fender edges got get it to sit right, i still think the thing is way to big to fit in there. it is touching the plastic fender well, and im sure vibration is going to hit or rub on some sharp in there....

TwoTonedRoush

Reaction score
Your right it will rub. I have one on my cobra and a while back when I took the bumper off for the new paint job I noticed a hole in the airfilter. Also when I installed the kit I had to cut the rubber peice that connects to the throttle body just to get it to fit. These kits kinda suck.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Reaction score
Cut the bottom of the fender liner. It will fit better. You can trim the edge of the fender liner with door edge guard.

Mth180

Reaction score
I did what Dana said except I removed a large portion of the plastic in the wheel well. My Cobra only goes out on sunny days so I don't need to worry about the filter getting clogged with dirt and water. I actually have a 12 inch filter on the end now instead of the 4x6.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Reaction score
I have the 12 inch filter too, maybe I should have mentioned that, but I actually thought that was the only one that came with the fenderwell version.
Anyway, the fact that my car isn't out during inclement weather was the reason I didn't mind cutting the fender liner. The door edging prevents the sharp liner from cutting the filter element plus dresses up the raw edge.

Fordman

Reaction score
mine stutters during heavy rains so i have to take it easy going through the gears or itll buck, scares the crap out of me too when it does. I did however plug up the air inlet next to the fog light on the front. on my way home from the 45th in Alabama when it was pouring and didn't have any problems.

TCG Member 5219

Reaction score
The fitment of those things is shit. I had issues with my on my 04. Great gains though!

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Reaction score
Anyone using this CAI should use a pre-filter to keep the water out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom