• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

JLT high boost CAI install problems...

TwoTonedRoush

Oct 6, 2006
Your right it will rub. I have one on my cobra and a while back when I took the bumper off for the new paint job I noticed a hole in the airfilter. Also when I installed the kit I had to cut the rubber peice that connects to the throttle body just to get it to fit. These kits kinda suck.

Mth180

Regular
Aug 15, 2007
I did what Dana said except I removed a large portion of the plastic in the wheel well. My Cobra only goes out on sunny days so I don't need to worry about the filter getting clogged with dirt and water. I actually have a 12 inch filter on the end now instead of the 4x6.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
I have the 12 inch filter too, maybe I should have mentioned that, but I actually thought that was the only one that came with the fenderwell version.
Anyway, the fact that my car isn't out during inclement weather was the reason I didn't mind cutting the fender liner. The door edging prevents the sharp liner from cutting the filter element plus dresses up the raw edge.

Fordman

Oct 30, 2007
mine stutters during heavy rains so i have to take it easy going through the gears or itll buck, scares the crap out of me too when it does. I did however plug up the air inlet next to the fog light on the front. on my way home from the 45th in Alabama when it was pouring and didn't have any problems.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info