🔧 BUILD Jeff's 2005 Jew Canoe - 2005 2wd 5.3 EscaLAAAADE

General Information

[chapter]The Canoe Arrives[/chapter]
Sure it's got 170k on it.
But it came from Florida, and it's a 5.3 2wd
Clean clean clean! Mmm

Plans? Remember all those parts I had for blue balls? Welllllll they'll end up in this here Essssalade.

IMG_20190227_140510.jpegIMG_20190227_140518.jpegIMG_20190227_140527.jpegIMG_20190227_140536.jpeg

[chapter]Elite Sound System Installed[/chapter]

[chapter]Kind of lowered[/chapter]

[chapter]So I made an exhaust[/chapter]

[chapter]Lowered a bit more[/chapter]

[chapter]New Rims[/chapter]

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
That would be rad. Also saw places sell with a longer pin. Sorry for shitting in your thread. Maybe we could move this tranny talk
ok, soooo the longer pin, from *what i understand* is to have more throw on the band... (i.e. had a gmt400 suburban a year or so back that would slip and slid, so i built up weld on the tip of the pin and ground it to contour, worked great... until it completely burned the band all the way)

what "servo kits" are you looking at? do they come with cover? do they come with the o-rings?

i just know how we get them when we order them. and we are reusing a good amount of parts for the setup.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
ok, soooo the longer pin, from *what i understand* is to have more throw on the band... (i.e. had a gmt400 suburban a year or so back that would slip and slid, so i built up weld on the tip of the pin and ground it to contour, worked great... until it completely burned the band all the way)

what "servo kits" are you looking at? do they come with cover? do they come with the o-rings?

i just know how we get them when we order them. and we are reusing a good amount of parts for the setup.

I was under the impression the longer pins were typically for "tuning" when you rebuilt e.g. you checked the clearance, or trying to bandaid a problem. Pretty sure I tried it with that 4L80E I gave Carl as a core when it lost reverse, although I may be thinking of something else.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)

That's about what I remember for one. If I were dropping the pan I would do a .5 boost valve too but that's more buy in than a servo. If you can get it out with your car body clearance its an easy job.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg

The pins are a big thing on the reverse solenoids on 80’s. Have had to do your aforementioned trick on plenty of plow trucks that lose reverse.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
yep thats. it. but if your going that far, get a nice billet cover too.

heres a nice write up.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

Thread Info