• 🚨 TCG is experiencing a case of the Sundays. Working on a getting things running faster again. - Mook

🔧 BUILD It was time for something a little more spicy v.Pontiac

General Information

Since Mook Mook is forcing me to post something about this ASAP, here we are :D

This is a very long story that I will get into when its not 2:30 in the morning from a hotel rooms somewhere in GA, but the short version is I have been after this car for years and I finally got it!

1000003117.jpg

20231110_170416-X4.jpg

20231110_171253-X4.jpg

i-c36Jswd-X2.jpg

Very basic info since I know everyone will ask.
1998 TA, was local for a long time
25.5 stock suspension chassis (annd MWC suspension)
427 LSX based engine by Kurt Urban
Promod Powerglide
Pro Torque conveter
GT5533R 94mm turbo
Holley Dominator

A ton more info, and pics to come! Time for some sleep before we continue back home!

20231111_005751-X4.jpg

Trailer came with it, the truck is a rental.

Broke EF

TCG Elite Member
Dec 8, 2017
The sticks
Yeah I mean you really need two sets of injectors but I feel like that's gonna be a little more complicated and tuning it might be a party
There are definately some pros and cons to each option. Right now I am leaning toward two completely seperate systems. Another big reason for wanting to do two systems is the ability to at least drain the street tank when I run. Weather or not I do that every time who knows, but the option will be there. Street system will be a flex fuel setup that I will try to run on E85, but if I get into a situation where I cant find some I can throw in whatever. I know most of the big guys street drive on just 87 which would be better mileage of course.

Reactions: sktchy

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
There are definately some pros and cons to each option. Right now I am leaning toward two completely seperate systems. Another big reason for wanting to do two systems is the ability to at least drain the street tank when I run. Weather or not I do that every time who knows, but the option will be there. Street system will be a flex fuel setup that I will try to run on E85, but if I get into a situation where I cant find some I can throw in whatever. I know most of the big guys street drive on just 87 which would be better mileage of course.
To be fair I can only brainstorm ways to make it happen. It's not like I'm gonna be tapping a 3800 mani for a second set anytime soon and unless somebody walks in here with the money im gonna want to figure it out for them I'm drooling over what you decide to do with this :bowrofl:

Reactions: Broke EF

Broke EF

TCG Elite Member
Dec 8, 2017
The sticks
dOnT gEt RiD oF tHe InTErCoOLer, or whatever I got told when I was gonna take mine off because I feel like it's restrictive.
When we were building the car way back when, there were a handful of things I was not on board with. The GIANT air to air that I built was one of them. At the time I wanted him to go air to water, but he didnt want to deal with the tank, and ice etc. I somewhat agree because dealing with the ice can be a pain in the ass. Anyway, it was his car, and his money so he bought a massive core, and I designed some end tanks and cut them and formed them at my work and welded it all together. I am happy with how it all came out, but I would also be just as happy to get rid of it all and run alcohol :D

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
When we were building the car way back when, there were a handful of things I was not on board with. The GIANT air to air that I built was one of them. At the time I wanted him to go air to water, but he didnt want to deal with the tank, and ice etc. I somewhat agree because dealing with the ice can be a pain in the ass. Anyway, it was his car, and his money so he bought a massive core, and I designed some end tanks and cut them and formed them at my work and welded it all together. I am happy with how it all came out, but I would also be just as happy to get rid of it all and run alcohol :D
Yeah I've got a real love hate relationship with the corn juice 😂 ice tank would really be the way though. And i don't know that I'd wanna take it off try to run 87, think I was pretty close to my limits there the way it is.

Broke EF

TCG Elite Member
Dec 8, 2017
The sticks
Yeah I've got a real love hate relationship with the corn juice 😂 ice tank would really be the way though. And i don't know that I'd wanna take it off try to run 87, think I was pretty close to my limits there the way it is.
Same! I ran it on the SC, which was the first time I ever did. When we built the TA I was very against it. I still will only ever do it with a flex sensor because it varies too much. I am also not sure I would go no IC with E85 either. Probably would be OK with it to a point.

Reactions: sktchy

Thread Info