• 🚨 TCG is experiencing a case of the Sundays. Working on a getting things running faster again. - Mook

🔧 BUILD It was time for something a little more spicy v.Pontiac

General Information

Since Mook Mook is forcing me to post something about this ASAP, here we are :D

This is a very long story that I will get into when its not 2:30 in the morning from a hotel rooms somewhere in GA, but the short version is I have been after this car for years and I finally got it!

1000003117.jpg

20231110_170416-X4.jpg

20231110_171253-X4.jpg

i-c36Jswd-X2.jpg

Very basic info since I know everyone will ask.
1998 TA, was local for a long time
25.5 stock suspension chassis (annd MWC suspension)
427 LSX based engine by Kurt Urban
Promod Powerglide
Pro Torque conveter
GT5533R 94mm turbo
Holley Dominator

A ton more info, and pics to come! Time for some sleep before we continue back home!

20231111_005751-X4.jpg

Trailer came with it, the truck is a rental.

Broke EF

TCG Elite Member
Dec 8, 2017
The sticks
I don't think I recall seeing this in the thread so far, or maybe you did and since it's Fryday, I'm just having a "moment" what are the ultimate plans for this? Of course maybe you did, and much like Playboy's back in the day, I am only in it for the pics, so...
I cant recall if I said or not, so its not just you. I am not sure I have a specific plan for this car other than go fast. I will likely make it drag and drive compatible for at least 1 event, or maybe 1 season and a couple events. I have no idea how fast or slow it will be, so its hard to pick a class to race with it other than maybe grudge/no-prep. I think I have enough work to do on it that I don't really have to worry about that just yet. I need to get it all current and legal for racing, then registered and good for the road.

Before all of that I need to get it to actually run LOL. Everything seems to be there, but it doesn't all seem to be working so I need to go through every system end to end and inspect, repair, replace as needed. I also need to change things to work the way I want them to work. I have already had the unexpected Holley issue with the screen and maybe the harness. Hopefully I don't find many more of those, but I am sure I will.

Broke EF

TCG Elite Member
Dec 8, 2017
The sticks
Excellent. Was just wondering if you were shooting for a certain ET or anything.
I have numbers in my head for sure. There are just way to many unknowns right now to say. To me the trans and the rear gear are going to be areas of concern. I am not sure how much power everything (fuel, turbo, engine) can support. Someone said high 8's, if that's the best it does I will light it on fire. I would hope its at least able to be in the 7's as it sits.

Broke EF

TCG Elite Member
Dec 8, 2017
The sticks
Damn this thing looks good! I moved it off the lift to have better access to it for now.

i-qMVJx7j-X4.jpg

I need to bust out my camera for this thing :)

I also popped off the hood so I can stare at it and figure out how much I want to change.

i-wKTsCpT-X4.jpg

Spoiler alert, its A LOT :D I see a ton of stuff I want to change, or modify. I am not sure how much I will actually do this year, but I am scheming anyway.

Thats all for now, some day these posts will actyually have updates I swear!

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Damn this thing looks good! I moved it off the lift to have better access to it for now.

i-qMVJx7j-X4.jpg

I need to bust out my camera for this thing :)

I also popped off the hood so I can stare at it and figure out how much I want to change.

i-wKTsCpT-X4.jpg

Spoiler alert, its A LOT :D I see a ton of stuff I want to change, or modify. I am not sure how much I will actually do this year, but I am scheming anyway.

Thats all for now, some day these posts will actyually have updates I swear!
So it moves now?

Broke EF

TCG Elite Member
Dec 8, 2017
The sticks
Awesome Car Man. Looking forward to seeing it sorted out and ass kicking on the pavement 🙌

burn out GIF
Burnout Camaro GIF by MotorTrend
Thanks! I cant wait either! I should look up the last time we ran it, but its has to be 10 years. I hated seeing it get so close to done, and then leave. Then seeing the new owner never run it either, killed me. I plan on beating the shit out of this thing :D

• Love
Reactions: Spivitz and sktchy

Thread Info