🔧 BUILD It was time for something a little more spicy v.Pontiac

General Information

Since Mook Mook is forcing me to post something about this ASAP, here we are :D

This is a very long story that I will get into when its not 2:30 in the morning from a hotel rooms somewhere in GA, but the short version is I have been after this car for years and I finally got it!

1000003117.jpg

20231110_170416-X4.jpg

20231110_171253-X4.jpg

i-c36Jswd-X2.jpg

Very basic info since I know everyone will ask.
1998 TA, was local for a long time
25.5 stock suspension chassis (annd MWC suspension)
427 LSX based engine by Kurt Urban
Promod Powerglide
Pro Torque conveter
GT5533R 94mm turbo
Holley Dominator

A ton more info, and pics to come! Time for some sleep before we continue back home!

20231111_005751-X4.jpg

Trailer came with it, the truck is a rental.

Broke EF

TCG Elite Member
Dec 8, 2017
The sticks
It was Smokinhot Smokinhot car before me.
The provenance of this car is unreal! Gonna make some big money at the auctions one day.

I didn't know where it went after Chris bought it.

Do u know where my Z06 went? :rofl:
Well yeah, but knew I bought it back. Although a lot of people are still confused if its really the same car or not.

I have no idea, I have only followed this one car. Well and the Lexus so far LOL

Reactions: sktchy

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
The provenance of this car is unreal! Gonna make some big money at the auctions one day.

Well yeah, but knew I bought it back. Although a lot of people are still confused if its really the same car or not.

I have no idea, I have only followed this one car. Well and the Lexus so far LOL

I am going to see if I can dig up the VIN number so you can verify.

5 min of email search didn't come up with anything. I had this car almost 20 years ago.

Reactions: Broke EF

Broke EF

TCG Elite Member
Dec 8, 2017
The sticks
I am going to see if I can dig up the VIN number so you can verify.

5 min of email search didn't come up with anything. I had this car almost 20 years ago.
That woukd be cool. Without getting into specifics I can guarntee it was Chris's car. Which means I know it was yours, you sold it to Chris,, Chis to guy in FL, Guy in FL to me.

At this point I think I need a VINWiki on this thing LOL. You sold it in 07 give or take. Does that make Smokinhot Smokinhot the original owner?

Also you sold it and bought the C5 ZO6 right?
Chirs sold it and bought a Lingenfelter CTS-V
Guy in FL sold it and bought a Blackwing

Seems like everyone who sells this turns into an old man.

Reactions: SaturdaysGS

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
That woukd be cool. Without getting into specifics I can guarntee it was Chris's car. Which means I know it was yours, you sold it to Chris,, Chis to guy in FL, Guy in FL to me.

At this point I think I need a VINWiki on this thing LOL. You sold it in 07 give or take. Does that make Smokinhot Smokinhot the original owner?

Also you sold it and bought the C5 ZO6 right?
Chirs sold it and bought a Lingenfelter CTS-V
Guy in FL sold it and bought a Blackwing

Seems like everyone who sells this turns into an old man.

I sold it and had just the blue GTP for a while until I bought the Z06. or maybe the white TA came before the Z06. All I know there was a period where I had a GTP, white TA, and Z06.

Baller Success GIF

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
  • Love

Broke EF

TCG Elite Member
Dec 8, 2017
The sticks
Well since we are traveling down memory lane

Broke EF

TCG Elite Member
Dec 8, 2017
The sticks
There is no build thread or anything from the time it was in FL. I do have some pics and I think eveb a video or two from that time, but thats all. There is also not a forsale thread since it wasnt ever actually for sale when I bought it.

The best part about this is, maybe I will finally solve a mystery about this thing. The floor pan under the back seat is wrinkled, and I dont think PANDA PANDA was ever in an accident. There is nothing in its history, and I have always wondered about it. Maybe I will finally know :D

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
There is no build thread or anything from the time it was in FL. I do have some pics and I think eveb a video or two from that time, but thats all. There is also not a forsale thread since it wasnt ever actually for sale when I bought it.

The best part about this is, maybe I will finally solve a mystery about this thing. The floor pan under the back seat is wrinkled, and I dont think PANDA PANDA was ever in an accident. There is nothing in its history, and I have always wondered about it. Maybe I will finally know :D

Not an accident under my ownership but going back through LS1tech PM's it sounds like it was. I remember one of the rear quarters' paint being slightly off.

Broke EF

TCG Elite Member
Dec 8, 2017
The sticks
Not an accident under my ownership but going back through LS1tech PM's it sounds like it was. I remember one of the rear quarters' paint being slightly off.
Makes sense, I think its the driver side but I am not 100% sure. I think blue-sun blue-sun noticed the paint work when he detailed it as well, but by then we had already noticed the floor. I wonder if he even remembers detailing it.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Makes sense, I think its the driver side but I am not 100% sure. I think blue-sun blue-sun noticed the paint work when he detailed it as well, but by then we had already noticed the floor. I wonder if he even remembers detailing it.
I do not remember and I checked my old spreadsheet (now a Google sheet) and I don’t see it listed there. No Trans Ams ever. I thought I did the drag SC at a big shop out near Byron years ago though, but I can’t find it on the list either.

Thread Info