Is this 2000 Cobra R legit?

Wolfman

TCG Elite Member
Jul 6, 2010
Evans Mills, New York
seriously? you doubt a car because it's in the rain? god forbid someone actually drives his car :rofl: you corvette guys crack me up.

Lol, do you realize you just said that to the guy that has a vette that has never been in a garage and has been driven through 3 Chicago winters on drag radials?

The rubicon stays outside too. The Camaro is the only one that stays in a garage.

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
They only made 300 of this car... Most people tend to be a little protective of such rare vehicles.
Honestly, while I can understand that, still. At the end of the day, it's a Mustang.

Drive it like you stole it! Cars are meant to be DRIVEN! If you cant afford to drive the car, you cant afford the car!
This. Cars aren't meant to sit in a hermetically-sealed, climate-controlled dust-free environment. Cars were made to be driven.

Not true... at all. You have to drive the car within reason. Affording something like an exotic means affording the depreciation of an exotic. Drive a ferrari double the amount of your average ferrari and you're talking a depreciation of 100k over 5 years as opposed to 60k. While I believe in enjoying my R8, I don't use it to go to the gym, get groceries etc. When I start it up, it's to enjoy every mile I drive it, because I know that every mile I drive it costs me more than the average car.
This is where we'll disagree. If I had the finances to cover the purchase of an exotic vehicle, it'd be in my garage because the car moves my soul enough to motivate me to buy it in the first place. That said, I'd be driving it more than whatever else I owned when the weather is nice because not only would I want to enjoy it, but others can gawk as I would drive by and they can enjoy it too, from the painstaking time the engineers took to perfect every curve on the body, to the mechanical harmony coming out of the tail pipes at the back end of a raunchy tuned exhaust behind that 5.2. If I had the money to buy something, I'd care fuck-all about depreciation and instead, I'd care about enjoying what I paid for. To each his own, I guess. Maybe it's just the outlook of not being able to afford something that nice and thinking if I had it, I'd whip it everywhere.

Lol, do you realize you just said that to the guy that has a vette that has never been in a garage and has been driven through 3 Chicago winters on drag radials?

The rubicon stays outside too. The Camaro is the only one that stays in a garage.
Then you're a rarity and I'd buy you a beer!! :likes:

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
This is where we'll disagree. If I had the finances to cover the purchase of an exotic vehicle, it'd be in my garage because the car moves my soul enough to motivate me to buy it in the first place. That said, I'd be driving it more than whatever else I owned when the weather is nice because not only would I want to enjoy it, but others can gawk as I would drive by and they can enjoy it too, from the painstaking time the engineers took to perfect every curve on the body, to the mechanical harmony coming out of the tail pipes at the back end of a raunchy tuned exhaust behind that 5.2. If I had the money to buy something, I'd care fuck-all about depreciation and instead, I'd care about enjoying what I paid for. To each his own, I guess. Maybe it's just the outlook of not being able to afford something that nice and thinking if I had it, I'd whip it everywhere.

I think you're confusing the finances of covering the purchase of an exotic to being a multi millionaire.

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
Not true... at all. You have to drive the car within reason. Affording something like an exotic means affording the depreciation of an exotic. Drive a ferrari double the amount of your average ferrari and you're talking a depreciation of 100k over 5 years as opposed to 60k. While I believe in enjoying my R8, I don't use it to go to the gym, get groceries etc. When I start it up, it's to enjoy every mile I drive it, because I know that every mile I drive it costs me more than the average car.

who says you cant enjoy the drive to the grocery store or gym? I cannot justify spending over 100k, 200k, or 300k just to have a paperweight! cars were meant to be driven not sit in a garage!! otherwise they wouldn't come with wheels!

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn

I love when people see a guy I know racing his 1969 Yenko Camaro. Car is worth $150k+ and he doesn't bat an eye driving it or racing it at the drag strip. Most people's jaw drop when they find out it is not a clone. haha

who says you cant enjoy the drive to the grocery store or gym? I cannot justify spending over 100k, 200k, or 300k just to have a paperweight! cars were meant to be driven not sit in a garage!! otherwise they wouldn't come with wheels!

I guess it depends on if the person purchases the car for their driving enjoyment or an investment.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
While I get what turk is saying in the end (potential loss of tens of thousands for blah miles), especially if you know you plan on selling the car in X amount of years... that is pretty absurd to expect a car to hold its value strictly on miles.

Tell that to all the people who bought Karmas :rofl:

Turk didn't you buy that v10 on purpose or at least the value of the v8s depreciated more than the v10s... I don't remember, but did that have anything to do with getting the v10 vs the v8?

Look what happened when you hit that cat and if it did more damage and ended up on a carfax report. Might as well NEVER drive it and not risk something. Park it in the garage and wait 20 years.

Buying a car that you plan to drive more than a thousand miles a year automatically DQs you from it being any way of calling it an investment.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish

YOU ARE ENDANGERING THE LIVES OF EVERY WOMAN AND CHILD ON THEIR WAY TO SCHOOL BY NOT BEING RESPONSIBLE AND GETTING SNOW TIRES!!! ZOMGWTFBBQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hsughlol: :s00ls:

[MENTION=236]Stink Star Productions[/MENTION]

Breze84

$ AIN'T NO PITY IN C-NOTE CITY $
Aug 30, 2010
Chi-Town....
almost every vette owner i've ever met outside of TCG refuses to even take their car out if there's any chance of rain, and the car sits under a cover in the garage. :rofl:

That's common sense with anyone regardless of what they own... If you had a Saturn and a Z06 and it was storming out, You are telling me you are going to drive your Z06 over the Saturn lol... Get real, Im sorry but I would rather drive my DD in shit weather then my good cars and if Im out and I get caught in bad weather so be it... But im not going to freely take it out when the weather is shit lol

utryd2

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 3, 2009
North Aurora
I don't drive my z06 unless its nice. Also it stays in the garage and is covered (winter months). When you like your car and want to keep it as nice as possible you take extra steps to keep it that way. When I do take it out I will drive the piss out of it when its called for. Id love to own a cobra r because of what it is.

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
I don't drive my z06 unless its nice. Also it stays in the garage and is covered (winter months). When you like your car and want to keep it as nice as possible you take extra steps to keep it that way. When I do take it out I will drive the piss out of it when its called for. Id love to own a cobra r because of what it is.

I agree, I'd rather keep my car as clean as i can, also what fun is there of driving your "nice car" on a shitty day?

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville

$40K isn’t a big deal of money to a multi-millionaire, which is who are typically bying exotics. It’s all relative. If I owned a car like yours, I’d drive it when it was nice out as much as possible like you do. It’s not going to see rain or snow though.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
$40K isn’t a big deal of money to a multi-millionaire, which is who are typically bying exotics. It’s all relative. If I owned a car like yours, I’d drive it when it was nice out as much as possible like you do. It’s not going to see rain or snow though.

This was basically my point... The typical clientele of a car like this doesn't care all that much about residual value. It would be like buying a super car and then not driving it because gas prices are too high. It makes no sense.

So that's what I meant when I said financially squeezing into a car like this. In my ever so humble opinion if someone is changing their driving habits to ensure a higher resale value then they're financially squeezing into the car.

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
How many miles on your srt4?
77k maybe?

I love when people see a guy I know racing his 1969 Yenko Camaro. Car is worth $150k+ and he doesn't bat an eye driving it or racing it at the drag strip. Most people's jaw drop when they find out it is not a clone. haha

I guess it depends on if the person purchases the car for their driving enjoyment or an investment.

:bigthumb: to the yenko driver... and I agree it depends on what you are buying the car for... to a certain point... in my eyes if you are buying a car for the sole purpose of an "investment" then it gets stored in the climate controlled room, has less then 10 miles on it, the plastic is still on the seats, etc. etc. but if you are going to drive this "investment" then whats the point of limiting the mileage? you have already ruined the "investment" part of the car IMO

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info