iPass

Oreif

Crazy Little Child
Oct 17, 2008
Schaumburg
We have one transponder and 3 vehicles registered. We keep the transponder in the van. The other 2 vehicles we just let it go by plate ID. Been doing it this way for 4-5 years now and never had any problems or warnings. Although neither of us need to travel through a toll on a daily basis. They may get picky if you use a toll everyday.

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
I keep mine in the Blazer, I only take the Camaro on the tollway a few times a year and never had a problem. I'm on the bike on the tollway a lot in the summer, but I think my plate is tucked under the tail far enough that it can't be seen by the camera because I have NEVER been charged a toll on it.

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
I mount my transponder where they say to, and it is not visible from the outside, and barely visible on the inside. Two fingers from the top and two from the left of the rearview mirror. The "tint" on the top of the windshield hides it from outside view.

:dunno:

When I first bought my IPASS it would not register when I stuck it up right there. Once in a while it would register but 8 times out of 10 it wouldn't. Well I called the tollway people and she said that its not working because it's not mounted. I said whats the difference? She proceeded it to tell me it must be actually mounted ont the glass to register:rollpicard:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info