iPass

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
Why would you pay tolls on a bike anyways?

Because I am not retarded..

I actually went with a group of bikes to go pick up a new bike for someone. Of course it had to be ridden without a plate. As we were getting on 88 there were 2 troopers standing at the toll booth doing safety checks. I was the last one in line and I had to scramble for change in my pocket and then the trooper says to me "Make sure your buddy flips his plate down". Little did he know there was no plate.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
If transponder doesn't register but your plate is on file, then you get vtoll (full toll amount) instead of ipass rate (1/2)

am-i-wrong?

They are full of shit. I almost NEVER have the thing in one of the cars and never a problem.

They issued me a fine when I didnt register the cobra but I just called them, registerd...back to normal.

Ive been doing this since i got an ipass many moons ago.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
I registered 5 cars to my transponder, and had my parants van on it(they are from omaha) for the last year and a half with no problems.
The website lets you register multiple vehicles so they can collect it by the photo.

my point is.. if you don't have transponders in all cars, yes they'll look it up by the plate, but if they have to, they'll charge the cash amount of $1.60 instead of the ipass rate $.80 (for example randall/90 toll)

anyone confirm/deny?

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
very interesting.. maybe they are selective with the ass raping, if you have a declined cc and it goes to negative balance, they also said you would be charged the cash rate, and eventually start getting the $20 fines

EDIT: looked it up, looks like only the negative balance causes the cash rate, maybe i'll huck this extra ipass in some body of water

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
http://www.illinoistollway.com/contact-us/ipass

What happens if I forget my transponder and accidentally use the I-Pass lanes?

Answer:

If your vehicle is register to the account and your account is in good standing, the toll will automatically be deducted from your account as a Video Toll (Vtoll). Vehicles registered to an I-PASS account cannot pay unpaid tolls online. Please note that excessive Vtolls will result in penalties.

It sounds like the policy may have changed over the years. I know it used to make you pay the cash price every single time. Now it looks like you can get a few violations before you start getting penalized. They don't mention how many times equals 'excessive'.

EDIT: Just noticed their response contains a grammatical error.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
VictorySymbols.jpg

Answer:

If your vehicle is register to the account and your account is in good standing, the toll will automatically be deducted from your account as a Video Toll (Vtoll). Vehicles registered to an I-PASS account cannot pay unpaid tolls online. Please note that excessive Vtolls will result in penalties.

It sounds like the policy may have changed over the years. I know it used to make you pay the cash price every single time. Now it looks like you can get a few violations before you start getting penalized. They don't mention how many times equals 'excessive'.

VictorySymbols.jpg
[

Burtonrider10022

TCG Elite Member
Feb 25, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Real Name
Yes

Answer:

See! I knew I had read that on there, I just couldn't find it this morning!

However, like I said in my first post, just because they say it doesn't mean they enforce it

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info