I'm bored: What's Your First Mega Million Purchase?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Amy loves the beach so that's a must. I'd pick up around 10 acres with beachfront and then build a compound. Master house only needs 2-3 BRs since there would be guest houses all around (with golf carts because they're fun).

Cluster them in a circle and have an indoor/outdoor pool and game room in the middle. Of course, a fully stocked wet bar with frozen treats and pricey alcohol. Family and friends stay a week or stay a year.

A big garage with a variety of rides and a few boats at the docks. Deep sea fishing gear for the fishing boat and something around 60' for those jaunts to get Cuban cigars.

The women could have beach days and the guys could play with the toys.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
So after looking at a few FAQs on the mega millions site, I did see that you have to claim the prize in the state that the ticket was bought. Well that kinda stinks cause I bought my one line on a whim in MN over the weekend. :rofl:

Believe it or not, they have a higher state income tax than IL. Almost 8 percent!

Either way, Obvious lawyer and financial manager for sure. Find a good place with schools and move everyone that I care about to a neighborhood I bought in said area. Also need a Duraburb with some bulletproofing cause reasons.

After that, have the money work for me and not vice versa.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
If you win, I'm a huge GM :nutz:

giphy.gif

I personally would do a lump sum. If you do hire a lawyer and financial manager, you can make more money in the lump sum option VS the payment option IMO.

Plus who is to say that money will be there by year 15 or even 20?

MrDragster1970

TCG Elite Member
Dec 18, 2011
RT 66 area

An all Veterans auto center.
Repair, body, machine, and chassis shop in one location with all Veteran employees.

There will be a training program for unskilled Veterans, and some kind of dorm for the homeless Veterans
that just need to catch their breath while they get their life in order without having to deal with the government or religious charities.

Next will be a dragstrip in Indiana as close to Chicago I can find a big enough piece of land.
I was thinking about some place off I-88 but when that fat slob becomes Governor,
there's no way in hell I'm paying all his new taxes, fee's, permits etc etc he enacts to kill business!!!!

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
1st thing I would do, is call my both of my CPA buddies, have them set everything up, fill their pockets with a million each. Then I'm flying home to buy my parents whatever they want along with my grandma, shell out a 100k to each family member. Fly to WI find 3000 acres of land, buy it. Build a nice house and a huge garage on it. Then fly to FL to her parents, buy them what ever they want, then buy a vacation house down there and live there until my house and garage are built.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
So after looking at a few FAQs on the mega millions site, I did see that you have to claim the prize in the state that the ticket was bought. Well that kinda stinks cause I bought my one line on a whim in MN over the weekend. :rofl:

Believe it or not, they have a higher state income tax than IL. Almost 8 percent!

Either way, Obvious lawyer and financial manager for sure. Find a good place with schools and move everyone that I care about to a neighborhood I bought in said area. Also need a Duraburb with some bulletproofing cause reasons.

After that, have the money work for me and not vice versa.

Well that sucks. I bought a ticket in New York over the weekend. Maybe their taxes are less than in Illinois.

With $700M, I'd probably buy a big piece of land in Indiana and build a red neck playground with monster trucks and sweet jumps. I'd have a nice house built, but then I'd have some space on the property with a couple double wides as guest houses for my friends and RV hookups, so [MENTION=10343]Bub[/MENTION] can bring his new trailer over.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
After I make sure that me and my money is protected, I would buy tickets and accomodations to every F1 race on the calendar and follow them around the globe to each city they race in. Probably spend a good week or 2 in each city whenever they're not racing back to back weekends. After the season is over I'd come back home and figure out what to do next.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Do the lump sum. Good investments will bring in more each year than the payments would and you wouldn't need to touch your principal.

Florida has 0% State income tax so that's a good thing for me. I'd get an extra $60 mil. just by living here. That's enough to take care of both families and a lot of friends (like sending a few mil. to be split by TCG. :smile: )

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
After I make sure that me and my money is protected, I would buy tickets and accomodations to every F1 race on the calendar and follow them around the globe to each city they race in. Probably spend a good week or 2 in each city whenever they're not racing back to back weekends. After the season is over I'd come back home and figure out what to do next.

You're doing it wrong. I would start my own F1 team and fail miserably, but have a great time in the process lol. The driver's seat is the best seat in the house.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info