If you got a foxbody, What would you do?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
i had my fling with fox bodies..and now its in the junkyard lol, but theres sooo much stuff out there for those cars its insane. subframe connectors should be the first thing on your list... but if we're talking about the engine, remove the air silencer, bigger maf, and put in a k&n drop in, apparently the original intake flows considerably better than a fenderwell cai. another fairly inexpensive thing you can do is get the gt40 heads and intake off an explorer 5.0. can pick them up for pretty cheap, probably less than a grand and they flow a lot better than the o.e. heads. bigger throttle body. you would probably have to tune it though..I really wanted to do longtubes but a good set of shorties and a catless x/h pipe would do. a 4:10 rear gear would really wake the car up too. i could go on and on but then i would want another fox body so im gonna stop.

nick is probably gonna tell you to pull out the 5.0 and put in a turbo 2.3...but he's one of those crazy svo guys.

where should I get subframe connectors and gears? where did you shop for parts?

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Well I don't know then. The Fox body has a ton of potential, if you throw a lot of money at it. I've seen street car Fox bods go 8s in the 1/4 mile and drive back home, but I've also seen some hardly run. It's hard to say, if I were you I'd stay away. More work than you're expecting in my opinion.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Well I don't know then. The Fox body has a ton of potential, if you throw a lot of money at it. I've seen street car Fox bods go 8s in the 1/4 mile and drive back home, but I've also seen some hardly run. It's hard to say, if I were you I'd stay away. More work than you're expecting in my opinion.

if the car works 1/4th the time and runs 13's I'd be happier than having a car that works 1/4th the time and runs 18's...

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
if its just a straight up trade, then why not. i mean...cant be any worse than the honda right? haha. hell, even if it doesnt work what are you out? at least compared to the honda youve got a better platform to work w/. and if it doesnt work out then oh well. dump it and drop some money into something more worthwhile

skeezer

TCG Elite Member
Jan 3, 2008
Luke's Beef
2273.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info