• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

IDD date change

dsk727

Reaction score
the only thing I don't like about the different date is no amerihost, we would have to be seperated at 3 different hotels, and half the fun is the parking lot fun after hours at the amerihost LOL :D

syP

Not Banned
Reaction score
im sure most of ILGPC will be in 1 hotel since NOT THAT MANY show up for IDD... I just cant wait to make my first appearnece there.... never been to one.

Fish

From the mean streets....
Reaction score
Originally posted by syP@Jan 26 2005, 04:32 PM
im sure most of ILGPC will be in 1 hotel since NOT THAT MANY show up for IDD... I just cant wait to make my first appearnece there.... never been to one.
[snapback]69021[/snapback]​
Huh, what?? We are usually one of the biggest clubs there.

Now everyone racing is another story. I think it was IDD4 where we had around 10 people there, but just me and Chrys were the only ones racing.

I

imported_Diavolo

NOT THAT MANY show up for IDD

there were a lot last year

syP

Not Banned
Reaction score
i thought there wwas a big thread about how this club is a disgrace because only the TRUE members showed up, and that was like 10 people.... and every1 was making excuses and people kept getting mad.

98 TGP TOY

Reaction score
Yea, i remember that thread. Was it about IDD? I thought it was just about the club get togethers in general.

I know I wont be going, because its too far away for me to possibly break down. I dont have the money to go, and definitly dont have the money for a possible tow back.

And no, i dont think i have a powerful car....i just have an old car...her days are limited :unsure:

syP

Not Banned
Reaction score
it isnt a contest on who is the fastest.... well it is.. but it isnt. I mean you go there to hang out with all the GP owners and have fun. you can beat MANY of the cars there... sorry to hear you are not going tho.

98 TGP TOY

Reaction score
If my car and I are at a track together, then it would be raced. Once i start racing thats pretty much all i want to do. Last time i went to cordova with a couple Iowa guys my longest break between runs was like 10 minutes.

I get annoyed with my time and adjust something, run, adjust, run, adjust, etc....

n4cer

Reaction score
Originally posted by dsk727@Jan 26 2005, 04:24 PM
the only thing I don't like about the different date is no amerihost, we would have to be seperated at 3 different hotels, and half the fun is the parking lot fun after hours at the amerihost LOL :D
[snapback]69020[/snapback]​
That is a drawback of that date Denise!

There are good and bad things about both dates that is for sure. Mother's Day does not help. Although the draw back of 3 different hotels to house peeps and the HEAT in the end of June.

FISH is right, ILGPC has made a good showing at IDD's in the past. I know I have met some of you guys and gals there. Looking forward to seeing some more of ya there.

My vote was for the Mother's Day weekend, because of the temps, the idea of IDD is to get good times and would love to see many folks with new PB's! Just my .02

Fish

Reaction score
Fuck it. Mothers day it is IMO. Ill see if my mom wants to come with me. :lolsign:

n4cer

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fish@Jan 27 2005, 01:45 AM
Fuck it. Mothers day it is IMO. Ill see if my mom wants to come with me. :lolsign:
[snapback]69053[/snapback]​
The other thing appears to be the price in June (due to Cedar Point) is going to be close to $100 a room!!! :blink:

dsk727

Reaction score
Originally posted by n4cer@Jan 27 2005, 02:42 AM
The other thing appears to be the price in June (due to Cedar Point) is going to be close to $100 a room!!! :blink:
[snapback]69055[/snapback]​
yup I agree with ya jason! I voted to keep it mothers day weekend, hopefully my mom isn't too mad LOL :D

00gtp83

Reaction score
i was really looking forward to making it to this event but of course if it is on mothers day i can not make it but if they switch it to june i would be able to

00gtp83

Reaction score
I tried i signed up and all that other shit on there sight and it wont let me vote although it doesnt look like it would matter anyway seems like most people dont wanna change the date

Fish

Reaction score
Woot, I just put the request for the days off today before I left. So I dont have to sleep on the way there and I wont have to rush back after racing. Hopfully weather will cooperate and not rain. I cant take the rain day off.

dsk727

Reaction score
no.. you mentioned rain, you are gonna jinx it now Fish!!! hehe j/k

I already requested friday and monday off for it :D

Fish

Reaction score
Well, since I did request sunday night off, I could make the rain date. I would then have to travel at about 90 the whole way back to get to work on time. But thats why I took sunday night off. So I could take my time and not rush.

What was Charles's record from Norwalk to IL again?? Who knows, maybe there would be a record I could break afterall. :lolsign:

n4cer

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fish@Feb 1 2005, 09:02 AM
Well, since I did request sunday night off, I could make the rain date. I would then have to travel at about 90 the whole way back to get to work on time. But thats why I took sunday night off. So I could take my time and not rush.

[snapback]69860[/snapback]​
Fish....if you jinx this with rain your a dead man! :ph34r: With all the drawbacks of the later day, most chose to keep the date and hope for the cooler temps and more PB's. Hope to see ya'll there! ;)

dsk727

Reaction score
Originally posted by n4cer@Feb 1 2005, 10:57 AM
Fish....if you jinx this with rain your a dead man!  :ph34r:  With all the drawbacks of the later day, most chose to keep the date and hope for the cooler temps and more PB's.  Hope to see ya'll there!  ;)
[snapback]69882[/snapback]​
two votes for blaming fish if it rains now!! haha LOL j/k fish :D

n4cer

Reaction score
Originally posted by dsk727+Feb 1 2005, 11:38 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-n4cer
@Feb 1 2005, 10:57 AM
Fish....if you jinx this with rain your a dead man!  :ph34r:   With all the drawbacks of the later day, most chose to keep the date and hope for the cooler temps and more PB's.  Hope to see ya'll there!  ;)
[snapback]69882[/snapback]​
two votes for blaming fish if it rains now!! haha LOL j/k fish :D
[snapback]69892[/snapback]​
[/b]
Let the games begin, huh Denise!?!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom