Well now whats this all about??

Vn3LWun.jpg

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I should have. but thats for another day. e-focus is the electric focus. They use stiffer mounts in those cars because the electric cars have more torque.

Heres the e-focus mount compared to what the ST's WERE getting when they first went into production

IMG_0137.jpg

On that POS mount, you can pretty much move that middle section around w/ your thumb its so soft

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
DONE.

cOPWcUp.jpg

I'll put up some more pics later tonight that i took throughout the process but im on the verge of heat stroke here and need to just sit still for awhile. I still havent even taken it out to test it yet. It wasnt a difficult job really, but of course you always run into little annoying problem areas where you least expect them. But it still wasnt very frustrating. The ramps were perfect, i dont know why ive never gotten a set sooner.

That boomba motor mount...when I first started the car up to check the ic hoses for leaks I forgot I had installed it, and wow :rofl: definitely a lot more vibrations, especially around 1k rpm, and the inside of the car definitely isnt quiet anymore. haha. Still, doesnt seem like its that bad really. Especially coming from a car that could mix paint cans if they were sitting in the passenger seat... I'll get a better feel for it once i get out and drive it. But for now i rest. And hope I start feeling better before the rain rolls in.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Just got her out for a test drive. Put as much load into it as i could. Took it up to 80 thru 3rd a couple times, no *POOF* was heard. I dont have a tuner so I cant say what my intake vs ambient temps were. But its currently 106 out, and the car definitely felt livlier than it normally does at those temps.

Think im gonna like that boomba rmm too. It only really makes itself known between 1-1.5k rpm and then pretty much goes away. And it'll break in a little bit over time too. But she definitely likes to chirp the tires going to 2nd now. :bigthumb: I couldnt even do that w/ my e-focus mount. I cant imagine what'll happen once I throw a tune on this thing.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Just got her out for a test drive. Put as much load into it as i could. Took it up to 80 thru 3rd a couple times, no *POOF* was heard. I dont have a tuner so I cant say what my intake vs ambient temps were. But its currently 106 out, and the car definitely felt livlier than it normally does at those temps.

Think im gonna like that boomba rmm too. It only really makes itself known between 1-1.5k rpm and then pretty much goes away. And it'll break in a little bit over time too. But she definitely likes to chirp the tires going to 2nd now. :bigthumb: I couldnt even do that w/ my e-focus mount. I cant imagine what'll happen once I throw a tune on this thing.

With a tune you'll blow the tires away on a 10mph 2nd gear roll. Hit 10mph, put car in 2nd gear. Mash the gas. The turbo hits hard about 17mph and from there to about 50mph on the speedo its nothing but tire smoke.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Bump time!!

Just got my exhaust installed that I've been wanting to get for this car for awhile now. MBRP exhaust. Managed to snag the aluminized steel version for $370, which is an awsome price. Its not as pretty, but I don't need to worry about rust out here, and its under the car anyways, so whos gonna see it. The tips are the good T304 stainless tho, and are magnificent.

ZjpFysD.jpg

cOFYPis.jpg

IXufMyG.jpg

k3E4ns4.jpg

Installed!

a39iSry.jpg

5AGOfTo.jpg

6tmqZ8R.jpg

And now for what everyone is waiting for, a sound clip. I love the noise this thing makes. Its exactly what I wanted. Its not overly loud or raspy or obnoxious, and has a nice deep tone to it. I still have the stock catted downpipe and don't plan on changing that out, so that helps to keep it subdued just enough. There is some drone in the cabin at lower rpms, but I dont find it that annoying and am pretty sure i'll be able to live w/ it. Onto the vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS_yB6pbkPY

On another note, I'm about a month away from coming up on a year of ownership w/ this car, and can not believe its been almost a year already :rofl: I've definitely been busy w/ this car, but it's almost where I want it to be, then I can turn my attention back to my poor aging gto.

Thread Info