IDAFC21's 2014 Focus ST

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Curious. What was it that tipped the scale? I've watched some video blogs and they loved the Fiesta as much as the Focus.

Well to be fair, I never actually LOOKED at any fiesta st's, so I don't really have a real world comparison of the 2. Just thru my research I kinda got swayed towards the focus the more I looked into it. I think [MENTION=1765]willseph[/MENTION] has driven both and went w/ the focus as well. In the end for me, I figured if I was gonna go for it, I may as well go big. (as far as these 2 cars are concerned, haha) Im sure the fiesta is a great car as well, but if you can spring for a little extra dough, the focus definitely doesnt disappoint either.

willseph

Regular
May 11, 2009
Great car, congrats on the purchase! You have an identical car to mine, aside from mine being Oxford White. I went ST3, no rado wheels, no sunroof.

I just installed the Cobb shifter plate last weekend, DEFINITELY DO IT. Makes the shifter so much firmer and throws are much shorter. Quick 45 minute install too.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Nice purchase, 253hp, what's it weigh 3000lbs =:fy:

Wish it was 3000lbs. Closer to 3250.

Now you need one GTX2867R. :)

Edit: is your car a hard top? If so, I hate you. I REALLY hate you. When I bought mine there was a 4 month waiting list for a custom order and they couldn't find a hardtop ST3 anywhere early 2013. So I had to sacrifice my ST3 for a ST2 since I didn't want to take on the extra bit of payment. In retrospect I easily could have afforded it, I should have said Fuck That, and spent the dime.

This winter reminded me why I wanted the heated seats/mirrors.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Great car, congrats on the purchase! You have an identical car to mine, aside from mine being Oxford White. I went ST3, no rado wheels, no sunroof.

I just installed the Cobb shifter plate last weekend, DEFINITELY DO IT. Makes the shifter so much firmer and throws are much shorter. Quick 45 minute install too.

The Boomba Racing shift plate is NICE. I had a chance to sit in their Shop car when I was there for their dyno day. Very short throws, much firmer mechanism with way less play. They are also working on an update to further reduce the left to right throw since going to 5th gear from 4th is such a huge throw.

willseph

Regular
May 11, 2009
The Boomba Racing shift plate is NICE. I had a chance to sit in their Shop car when I was there for their dyno day. Very short throws, much firmer mechanism with way less play. They are also working on an update to further reduce the left to right throw since going to 5th gear from 4th is such a huge throw.

I'll have to look into that as well. It's so nice to have a local shop that does work on these cars.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ

Short shifter will definitely be one of the first things to go in. Not that the stock shifter is BAD. Even w/ the stock throw I can flick it from 3rd to 4th w/ my wrist while resting my arm on the armrest. Just moves so smoothly compared my GTO. Surprised I havent ripped this shifter out yet by forgetting which car im in :rofl:

Edit: is your car a hard top? If so, I hate you. I REALLY hate you. When I bought mine there was a 4 month waiting list for a custom order and they couldn't find a hardtop ST3 anywhere early 2013. So I had to sacrifice my ST3 for a ST2 since I didn't want to take on the extra bit of payment. In retrospect I easily could have afforded it, I should have said Fuck That, and spent the dime.

My car? As in no sunroof? If so, then yes.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Welp, it took about a month and a half, but I finally have my first real mod :rofl: Bought an Injen intake. This car is un-nervingly quiet in stock form, and I needed to wake it up a bit. This definitely did the trick. Turbo spools are much louder, and good lord is the stock BPV loud now.

Install went pretty smooth thankfully. It gets a little cramped working with the couplers on the turbo, since its back behind the engine and the firewall, but I managed, and I never got frustrated at all during the install. Just took my time.

First some pics:

Stock setup w/ the engine cover removed. Yeah...not very exiting
22nZTgb.jpg

Got the mid-pipe and airbox out. Ready for the fun part, trying to remove the turbo inlet tube:
JyLmrMR.jpg

Damn. I really shoulda ordered a shift plate while I was doing this :rofl:
QH3fvM4.jpg

Here you can see just how tiny and flattened the stock piping is. Ick.
AhqHo5V.jpg

nkX7JdJ.jpg

Hard part over with, new pipe in and tightened down on the turbo. I'm in the home stretch now
bNoof9u.jpg

Heat shield in
YcVe1cn.jpg

Lower pipe and filter installed, sensors and hoses reattached, job complete!
rQ0ef9N.jpg

s9v4Lnd.jpg

y46ODqT.jpg

Covers reattatched, everything good. This is why I wanted black. Wanted a nice clean look w/ no flash
NRLaE2a.jpg

LGvhpVM.jpg

MPPANYL.jpg

And now for the video! I shot this w/ a DSLR, so audio quality is what it is. Might have to turn your speakers up a little. I assure you its a much different experience when you're actually inside the car. Hopefully the vid works, I just got done uploading it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdjAFNrwJxo

:bigthumb:

Thread Info