🔧 BUILD IceCreamAssassin's Turbo Coprice goes to the dyno and makes some jam - 1000 WHP here we come

General Information

So I guess I’ll back up a little first. Near the end of last summer I had some dollars saved up and called Bob at next gen to ask what he suggested. Well he basically said to give him dollars and he would give me four digits. So I got an iron block 6.0 with just basic bitch built bottom end and ordered a 78/80 turbo. Well of course I waited till late winter to even start the project and by then as we all know things took longer to get done. My cousin who is a mechanic at BlackDog speed shop helped me a bunch and Bob is awesome with answering all my late texts and calls for help to questions.

So basically I have:
-built bottom end
-bigger injectors
-resurfaced heads
-new fancy lifters and pushrods
Other than that everything is basically the same motor wise. I also changed the diff, put in beefy motor and trans mounts, and V6 brakes to help clear the future 15” wheels.
When I went to install the new turbo there was a small issue which I needed to send it back for, so I decided to just have Bob tune it with the current turbo and then we can compare it with the new one once that is done.

Cliffs: same turbo, built-ish motor, all the boosts.

On 93 I had him be really conservative in case I can only find 91 while out taking trips and she made 557whp

Then was time for the fun E85 stuff and man am I super happy with this car and how everything turned out. With the baby 75/76 turbo she ripped 978whp. It’s easily over 1000hp if I was to take the air filter off or put real exhaust on the car. I’m so pumped with the car right now.

DF5BB074-4E04-49F0-B1D7-616E48C3BE54.png

IceCreamAssassin

When in doubt, throttle out
TCG Premium
Jan 28, 2011
Cary
So I'm LS retarded... Do they make fire ring heads?
More than I can afford Pal… these are LS9 heads so they should be a stronger casting. Between that and me learning to not drive on kill 100% of the time this should hopefully never happen again.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
More than I can afford Pal… these are LS9 heads so they should be a stronger casting. Between that and me learning to not drive on kill 100% of the time this should hopefully never happen again.
I've never driven or been in a car anywhere near your level. But I'm not lying when I say I beat my car on the daily and have been for over 5 years... I don't know if I want more power if this is what one has to deal with.

IceCreamAssassin

TCG Premium
Jan 28, 2011
Cary
Are you re using studs or new?
Re using
I've never driven or been in a car anywhere near your level. But I'm not lying when I say I beat my car on the daily and have been for over 5 years... I don't know if I want more power if this is what one has to deal with.
Well I do beat the shit out of the car ever time I drive it. I just need to remember to change the boost when going from E85 to 93. If I just drove 100% of the time on one fuel I’d be fine. You’re overthinking it and I made a mistake by pounding 19 psi into my motor on 93 pump gas. That’s all my fault and not because the power level is unreliable.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Not to hijack but have you sent oil samples to Blackstone ?

Reactions: Turbocharged400sbc

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
It adjusts for ethanol content, but tuner says no more than 14psi on 93 ??‍♂️
I'm only at 13.5-14lbs and my tuner said on 93 to take it easy
I'm planning on running E85 90% of the time. I'm only going to run a tank of 93 thru every 4-5 weeks and for winter storage
I'm also running the flex just in case I cant find E85 while out of town. I know guys were having issues in Florida finding it when we were out there last
any reason to not just run e85 all the time??
Isnt it not ideal to leave E85 sit over the winter?

BOTTLEFED

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 7, 2015
I'm only at 13.5-14lbs and my tuner said on 93 to take it easy
I'm planning on running E85 90% of the time. I'm only going to run a tank of 93 thru every 4-5 weeks and for winter storage
I'm also running the flex just in case I cant find E85 while out of town. I know guys were having issues in Florida finding it when we were out there last

Isnt it not ideal to leave E85 sit over the winter?
you are 100% correct, However just drain it out and fill it up with 93 let it idle for a couple mins to get it all into the system. Then problem solved

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
I have pump E85 local to me, and I just have the '67 tuned on that. For winter I add Lucas stabilizer.

I'm a bit stuck in the recent past but I think going over 12 psi on pump 93 is where you need to watch it. Obviously there are other factors like intercooler setup, efficiency of the unit, weight of the vehicle. A buddy swapped out his Mishimoto a/a to a Shearer like mine and saw his IATs drop just from by over 40 degrees.

Reactions: Shawn1112

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I would rig something up to just pump the e85 out throw enough 93 in to start it and get the injectors full, come spring pump it out and e85 it up, I use an outboard fuel hose with the primer ball to pump out tanks for switching fuel now, I don’t think you can use a set up like that for new cars they made it so you couldn’t siphon gas tanks I believe

Reactions: IceCreamAssassin

IceCreamAssassin

TCG Premium
Jan 28, 2011
Cary
I would rig something up to just pump the e85 out throw enough 93 in to start it and get the injectors full, come spring pump it out and e85 it up, I use an outboard fuel hose with the primer ball to pump out tanks for switching fuel now, I don’t think you can use a set up like that for new cars they made it so you couldn’t siphon gas tanks I believe
I’m for sure just doing it the lazy way

Reactions: dpwalsh14

Thread Info