I give you

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
because it'll be the last time you act smug, until you poop your pants doing a 90* turn at 60mph and 60-0 before your sweat hits the windshield. ;)

this car's brakes are brutal. a brake rotor that was in the trunk almost took down the back seat while doing a 60-0 stop. luckily, my back, along with jared's was there to stop it :tear:

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
My buddy bought a GTP in 04' and when he picked it up I gave the car's previous owner a ride back to his job in a fully tricked out SHO... 3.2 conversion, Quaife differential, big sway bars, coilovers, etc. The car was just ridiculous in the turns. You'd never think a 3500lb car could feel so nimble, especially after owning a "wide track" W Body!

For those that don't know about the Quaife, it acts the exact opposite of your stock differential. Your stock diff transfers the power to the wheel with the least amount of traction. The Quaife transfers up to 81% of the power to the wheel with the MOST traction. This means that when you're in a turn and the car feels like it's about to understeer, you go against your gut instinct and GIVE it throttle. Once you do that it tightens up and pulls you into the turn.

So I'm giving this guy a ride back and he snidely asks why anyone would modify a SHO. I didn't need to take the expressway but I thought he should be put in his place. So I hopped on the route 14 53 onramp (heading southbound for those that know) and I went ride open throttle through the entire ramp. I watched him white knuckle it the entire way around and then when I merged I said something like "see they're not that bad!". He wasn't pleased with my antics.

So if anyone comes across a 4T65 Quaife, let me know. I want it!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info