I feel like my furnace is running too much..

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
I have the smoke detector. It looks cool and acts like a nightlight in the hallway when you walk with no lights on in the house. It's cool because it alerts your phone when you aren't home and it detects smoke/fire/CO..... But I can't reccomend it. Mine was up barely a month and the smoke sensor "went bad" at 6am one morning and I was told my house is too dusty (my house is cleaner than most hospitals). So I figured maybe during install I got some drywall dust in the sensor and cleaned it per their instructions. The next day the "bad sensor" warning went off again. My next call to CS wasn't as nice as the first. I got the feeling that they kept wanting to blame me for their product being defective. Long phone call later I finally got a new one shipped to me. So we will see how long it lasts. I may have just had the one in a million bad one that went down the assembler line, but they were very nonchalant about me not having a smoke detector for a few days and acted like they weren't responsible for the replacement even though the device is clearly under the warranty period.

Bottom line: I don't have confidence in the product because mine was bad- it could happen to anybody. Customer service was less than stellar though, and that's not a good feeling when you buy a $125 dollar version of a $20 product. Only time will tell if I change my mind and believe in their product again. I think when it's working well it's a great product..... But how long will it last?

As for the thermostat? 5 stars! I can't reccomend it enough and can't say a single bad thing about it

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
google now integration could be cool....maybe.

They just want to know EVERYTHING about you. YOU have NO privacy. Not only do they know you're online habits and what not, they'll start getting to know your personal habits.

"Mike, we see you are not properly brushing your teeth. We recommend using XXX toothbrush and toothpaste."

"Mike, we see your heater keeps kicking on every X minutes. This can signify bad insulation in your house. We can recommend you XXX company in your area."

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
They just want to know EVERYTHING about you. YOU have NO privacy. Not only do they know you're online habits and what not, they'll start getting to know your personal habits.

"Mike, we see you are not properly brushing your teeth. We recommend using XXX toothbrush and toothpaste."

"Mike, we see your heater keeps kicking on every X minutes. This can signify bad insulation in your house. We can recommend you XXX company in your area."

I think the second scenario is pretty cool actually. Saves me from doing any work and helps me save money in the long run. A "conscious" house. Everything integrated yet independent.

http://www.wired.com/business/2014/...est-buy-finally-make-internet-things-real-us/

The CEO of Nest designed the iPod and left Apple. This could get interesting :noes:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info