I feel like my furnace is running too much..

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
Mine is at 68* all day erry day..... I'd double check that the furnace is lighting. My furnace will cycle every few minutes trying to re-light the flame, if it is a hsi on its way out, it will light every once in a while, and it will warm the house enough to not notice that it ain't working other than excessive running.

I had to take a midnight trip to the Southside Friday night because my hsi disintegrated.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Here's a brief history of my house.
ae154a1f88d2026c2a62e9715e542c1c.jpg

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Fuck I've barely touched my heat this year. I like my room so fucking cold. If I can't see my breath when I wake up, then I have failed. But seriously, I need the temperature to be below 60* to sleep. I have my thermostat in my living room set at 68, and even that I'm too hot. The money i save in the winter all goes to the summer when I run my A/C at 60* while I am home.

mat0485

Addict
Nov 27, 2009
Aurora
if its a newer furnace and its keeping temp its almost safe to say that furnace is operating normal. furnaces with control boards will lock out if there is an issue and he will notice temp drops. If its a 1" filter check and change usually once a month. even the shitty 3m 90 filters. those are garbage and unless you have a top end funace shouldnt be used..

I also dont suggest touching the flue pic. on 80% furnace with metal pipe that'll be 300+ or older furnaces even warmer. why guess would be heat loss from the info i gathered.
old builders model furnace in a town house.

my 2cents as a professional.

DynaSlim

TCG Elite Member
Aug 13, 2012
Plainfield
Yeah i like it around 56-64. My room is up stairs and seems to get all the heat. I have 3 walls of French leaking windows and i still need to open one sometimes. Even with house temp set at 68. Water boiler with radiators in each room. My valve is broke so can't shut it off. But my bedroom is also 2 in one. One has electric heater i use if very cold and windy hence the leaky windows. The summer i melt, once it hits the 80's i need AC badd.

deviantlx

TCG Elite Member
Apr 20, 2008
look and see if your thermostat has a plus/minus feature and see what its set at.

a lot of thermostats will have them and you should set it for around 2. that way the minute the room temp drops a single degree it doesn't kick on.

also, take a look at the wall that the thermo is mounted on. if there is a draft up that wall or its on an outside wall in your home, with the weather we are having that could also cause a unusually high amount of start stops.

heatloss is also a huge factor in the temps we have currently.

Shocker

ShockerRacing.com
Feb 21, 2008
Aurora, IL
I normally leave mine at 70, bottom level sits around 68 and the upstairs bedroom gets up to 75 yuck! But same as others said have the baby on the bottom level so have to get her a little heat. ;) now once the summer comes the lower level will be the place to be cause the upper level will touch 80s 90s with no AC on.

rocco

Addict
Jan 19, 2012
Aurora, IL
How old is the house? How much insulation do you have in the attic?

My aunt and uncle have a house that was built in the 40's or 50's. One day their dog decided to chew a hole through the drywall. Upon inspection, there wasn't any insulation in the walls. I guess back then it was so cheap to heat a house, they didn't bother with insulation. But thanks to their dog, they were able to rip all their walls out and get it fully insulated.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info