🔧 BUILD I did something stupid V. FRC

General Information

So my T/A build is taking forever and I have been missing having a fun car to tool around with. I also have made some changes in my personal and professional life and decided to treat myself. I had a line on a car in CA that sold a couple weeks ago. As luck would have it I found pretty much an identical car last week and today I picked up an extremely clean 1999 Corvette FRC from a local dealer in the exact color combo I was looking for. I may have paid a little more than I wanted but the car has 37k miles and the interior looks like it was sealed in a time capsule. Plans are up in the air right now but it already has a CAI, LS6 intake, hurst shifter and Borla catback. Short term it’ll get tints, wheels, headers and a cam. Long term I may go off the deep end and forge the motor, throw on a huron speed TT kit and wide body quarters. Right now I’m just going to enjoy it, can’t wait to bring it to Luke’s this week.

I present Corvid 19:

1595723639503.jpeg

1595723667286.jpeg

1595723705560.jpeg

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I was thinking about those, or some cf5’s. Interested to see them on your car.

CF5’s are nice but too plain in my opinion.

ugh, i need new wheels but keep wasting money on performance shit.

Yeah after the track day I shelved performance mods for this car and decided to focus on finishing my Trans Am for spring.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
CF5’s are nice but too plain in my opinion.

Yeah after the track day I shelved performance mods for this car and decided to focus on finishing my Trans Am for spring.
I don’t disagree entirely. I need to find a wheel I like On this car that don’t cost 5-6k. I like the cf5’s only because they don’t look too far off of the factory wheel which I enjoy.

Reactions: Huggerorange73

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I don’t disagree entirely. I need to find a wheel I like On this car that don’t cost 5-6k. I like the cf5’s only because they don’t look too far off of the factory wheel which I enjoy.
I hear you. I feel like everyone has F14's but they look so damn good on C5's. I bought these used, they came with tires and I didn't have to mount and balance. The bronze burst finish is insane. I need to lower the car and get an alignment from the drag spindles then I'll do a quick photo shoot. They completely changed the attitude of the car.

Reactions: SleeperLS

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Real Name
Mike
This should remedy the 4x4 look in the spring.

I picked out a cam, purchased rockers with the trunnion upgrade and BTR dual springs. I’m looking to source 243’s as well. As soon as I finish up the T/A I’ll go full speed on the heads/cam swap.

View attachment 78789

Maybe you'll finally get out of the 12s.

Thread Info