🔧 BUILD I did something stupid V. FRC

General Information

So my T/A build is taking forever and I have been missing having a fun car to tool around with. I also have made some changes in my personal and professional life and decided to treat myself. I had a line on a car in CA that sold a couple weeks ago. As luck would have it I found pretty much an identical car last week and today I picked up an extremely clean 1999 Corvette FRC from a local dealer in the exact color combo I was looking for. I may have paid a little more than I wanted but the car has 37k miles and the interior looks like it was sealed in a time capsule. Plans are up in the air right now but it already has a CAI, LS6 intake, hurst shifter and Borla catback. Short term it’ll get tints, wheels, headers and a cam. Long term I may go off the deep end and forge the motor, throw on a huron speed TT kit and wide body quarters. Right now I’m just going to enjoy it, can’t wait to bring it to Luke’s this week.

I present Corvid 19:

1595723639503.jpeg

1595723667286.jpeg

1595723705560.jpeg

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
So I got curious how much C5’s were going for today and did some online shopping. Yours was the first non auto, non vert that popped up :rofl:. Those all seasons have got to go.

You could have gotten this for only $135K

Yeah I was hell bent on getting an FRC. I didn't want a coupe and the Z06 was slightly out of my budget unless I wanted high miles and beat to piss. Think of the FRC as the Grand Sport of the C5. Same drive train as the base vette but with Z06 looks.

Reactions: DanJ

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I'm going to try to keep this thread more updated than the turbo T/A thread. Mostly because I care and plan to be making changes fairly quickly. I unfortunately won't be at Luke's tomorrow but will be at cars and coffee Sunday.

Car goes in for tints next Tuesday. 5% sides and back.

Also after a lot of deliberating I have decided to plastidip the wagon wheels "brass monkey" for the rest of the season and invest in some decent aftermarket wheels next season.
1596053830106.png

Lastly I'm also planning to buy some cheap chinese headers in the next month or so. Stay tuned.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I see a tune in the near future ..... who’s going to perform the tune?

I had Frost do my tune on my formula, best tune ever and it was just a bolt on / gear car.
I’m going to have Speed Inc. do the tune. They’ll be doing a cam and heads swap next spring for me.

Ohhhh. What did you get, headers? Also, what % tint did you get?
Yup, 1 7/8” long tubes. I hope they fit well.

I went with 5% sides and back. The rear is starting to peel at the dot matrix on the top so I need to figure that out.

Thread Info