I DEFINITELY made a mistake, aka 'Dasfinc has mental issues'

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Body lift? :puke:

Explorers being Torson Bar front suspension based trucks can only really get 2 inches out of cranking the front (and then 3 in the rear with Add-A-Leaf and Shackles).

The lift 'kits' you can buy for 2nd gen explorers just move the torson bar mounts down a few inches in the front; which just adds a big lump under the truck that can get hungup on things.

The Body Lift is primarily for tire clearance, so in the end my truck will have about 5 up in the front, and 6 in the rear, which is a stout lift and clears 33's nicely.

Hard-Core guys do SAS Swaps, but that's simply not something I'm going to do.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
s7mvwHG.jpg

The absolute largest size I could clear without noticeable trimming,

Should still be a good size for when I do the Body Lift later

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Yeah, don't lift it, looks fine the way it is. I think lifting it would make it look stupid. It's just an explorer, you know that, right?

End of the day; I 100% agree my truck is a heap, its a 17 year old ford, but it does what I ask of it and it does it well which is why I enjoy enhancing it a little bit, and why I recommend them.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Truck side brackets are all sanded down, sealed, and undercoat is drying now.

lightbar and wiring arrived today, along with new front lower control arms, and end links (Last of the suspension that's original on the truck, figure I don't want to hang a plow off the front without everything being 100%).

All hardware is in a PB Bath right now, otherwise I will replace it with Stainless/Coated. [MENTION=1983]Outlaw[/MENTION] Any tips on cleaning/prepping/painting the blade itself?

Thread Info