• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

I dedicate this build to the tcg 3800 crew

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
I was going to keep it a secret but fuck it, I'm picking up a blown up minty 2000 3.8 camaro tonight, turbo 500+ whp turbo camaro in the making, I still need to get rid of the Grand Prix roller before I start the camaro build but target completion date for the camaro build is set to April first as of now, already named this project car the GNmaro boom :nutz:

DJ

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Personally I would of stuck with the grand prix. 500+ grand prix is rare, a camaro not so much.

Definitely like watching everyone else being able to spend money on their cars so I will be watching the thread. Good luck.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
If anybody is going to be successful at building a fast 3800 f body it'll be you. Congrats :bigthumb:

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
Personally I would of stuck with the grand prix. 500+ grand prix is rare, a camaro not so much.

Definitely like watching everyone else being able to spend money on their cars so I will be watching the thread. Good luck.
Rare to see due to the Grand Prix being broken all the time the aftermarket sucks for them and every thing was special made for the build on my Grand Prix, I only drove it 300 miles this year due to being broke all the time, this should be a pretty easy build for me and a lot more reliable

DJ

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
I see then this makes sense. Good luck with the build.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
RWD + Turbo 3800 = Giggity.

Cant wait to see what you do with it.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
Reaction score
I am very enticed. I've always wondered why you 3800 leg humpers never modded any of the rwd platforms!

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
RWD + Turbo 3800 = Giggity.

Cant wait to see what you do with it.
It's not going to be as bling as the Grand Prix more reliable get the job done kind of build, I'd like to put several thousand miles a year on this car and be able to enjoy it more with the family

SinisterSHO

Tame Racing Driver
Reaction score
It's not going to be as bling as the Grand Prix more reliable get the job done kind of build, I'd like to put several thousand miles a year on this car and be able to enjoy it more with the family
You say that now, before you have decided it needs a roll cage.

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
Not set in stone yet but probably a flt level 3-4 60e and a 9" of some sort

PANDA

Reaction score
April 1st... Awesome.

James take notes from this guy on how to get shit done.

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
April 1st... Awesome.

James take notes from this guy on how to get shit done.
April first only because I'm waiting till I get my tax return and bonus to buy the expensive parts trans, rear end, suspension, I picked the camaro due to ease of building one, James is the one that chose the off the wall wagon that no one makes parts for lol

daturbosix

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
i haz 9" for sale. and will take firearms in trade?! ;)

btw, FUCKING AWESOME!

i also say go with a th400 and be done.

daturbosix

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
kk, also know of a fresh s60 for sale locally too.

be sure to order some subframe connectors.. i suggest founders performance ones, theyre like $130 shipped.

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Reaction score
I almost said that about subframe connectors, but did want the "no shit sherlock" responses.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
Donating Member
Reaction score
I am very enticed. I've always wondered why you 3800 leg humpers never modded any of the rwd platforms!
Exactly! I could get behind a right wheel drive platform that doesn't look like a Grand Prix. I'm surprised there aren't more out there. There must be something that prevents guys from doing these builds.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom