I bought something from the dark side

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
AC Delco 41-962's I believe are the OEM plug and there is nothing wrong with them.

Lots of people with GenIII and up motors like NGK's also (I have them in several of mine). NGK 7397 (may also come as NGK TR55ix) is what I believe is the version for a stock heat range.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Welp; the explorer sold quickly, so onto ordering parts for the Burb!

njKAbos.jpg

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
whatcha gonna do?

Just dealing with the trucks little faults.

Stuff it needs:

Both the fog light cover lenses are missing/broken, so I need to order new fogs because that bothers me

The stupid bow-tie is flaking on the front grille; going to go replace, or dip it black.

I've ordered a new driver seat bottom OEM style seat cover and Armrest to save the driverseat

It will probably need a fuel pump (Fuel odor and extremely small leak from the TOP of the fuel tank) and it MAY need new front hubs (Going to pull the ABS sensors and clean them off, trucks ABS engages right as its coming to a stop despite having $1500 in brake work just done to it literally 30 days ago).

The 'optional' stuff is:

I need to order the truck side plow brackets.

I've ordered a switch panel for the upper cubby (4 rockers), for all the lights I have for the explorer that I never mounted (will install on the Burb instead).

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Atta boy.

I am however dreading cleaning the past 12 years of school runs and filth and stains out of the grand hall that is the interior of this truck....

I think I may have to dedicate a full day to pulling out all the seats and center console to clean everything, and then shampoo the carpets.

This things interior couldn't be further from Minty, definitily part of the low price of entry, but nothing that can't be solved with Elbow Grease and the new driver seat bottom cushion and armrest cushion covers.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Yeah, cleaning them, inside or out, is so much work. So much real estate.

Just pay a cheap detailer

A cheap detailer just isn't going to get this thing as clean as I'd like to be honest, I'm a little too OCD for it (Already had 1 bad experience with a 'cheap' professional detail not dealing with the ONE thing I asked them to deal with, and am grateful that Kevin started doing Detailing again).

I don't mind condoning myself to a full day of interior detailing, I'll wait until the rest of my wiring/switches arrive so I can make use of having all the seats and center console out of my way for running wiring. I may still have [MENTION=112]ktraver97ss[/MENTION] deal with the Exterior as it has some surface scuffs and try and get some level of protection on the paint for winter.

(Psssst, Kevin, PM me what the damage would be to detail the outside of this Behemoth, I know I just sent 2 cars and a bike your way from Bruno :s00ls:)

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
You guys have no idea what filth is. THis is why the old van was nicknamed "the Rolling Garbage Can". :D

Anyway, if your ABS is engaging as you stop it's one of two things. 1) The wheel bearing )(as you've suspected). Sometimes cleaning out the reluctor gear on it and the sensor temporarily fixes it. 2) It could also be the signal being fed back FROM the sensor to the BCM, to where it automatically engages the ABS just as you come to a stop.

Notorious issue on the 400's and 800's.

Driver seat bottoms are also an issue on 400's and 800's. Where are you getting them from? Richmond Auto Upholstery, which I found on FleaBay had a set for mine that worked with heated seats. Another Vendor on there, only had non-heated versions.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
You guys have no idea what filth is. THis is why the old van was nicknamed "the Rolling Garbage Can". :D

Anyway, if your ABS is engaging as you stop it's one of two things. 1) The wheel bearing )(as you've suspected). Sometimes cleaning out the reluctor gear on it and the sensor temporarily fixes it. 2) It could also be the signal being fed back FROM the sensor to the BCM, to where it automatically engages the ABS just as you come to a stop.

Notorious issue on the 400's and 800's.

Driver seat bottoms are also an issue on 400's and 800's. Where are you getting them from? Richmond Auto Upholstery, which I found on FleaBay had a set for mine that worked with heated seats. Another Vendor on there, only had non-heated versions.

Yea; The truck JUST had $1560 in brake work done on it by Midas (Calipers, Pads, Rotors and flush front and back), but they didn't bother actually fixing the fucking ABS issue.... They blamed the ABS Control unit, but I feel they did absolutely no real diagnoses given the behavior screams wheel hub/ABS sensor.

I ordered the seat cover set (Because the back somehow had a hole in it by the upper right shoulder, no idea how they even managed that), from a 100% Ebay power seller (who was also the cheapest). I paid about $200 for full replacement covers (So bottom, back, and armrest) for the driver side. I figure that's a hunk of money, but if I ever were to resell it, I'd imagine having a not destroyed driver seat would help elevate it above 'beater' status/pricing.

Thread Info