I bought something from the dark side

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Truck has a HINT of coolant odor on occasion that I'll probably need to eventually sort out,

Otherwise it plowed like a beast on the the All Terrians, Money well spent.

Plow Mode! (Nevermind my driveway; its all waaavy so it doesn't clear for shit).

gmoir3l.jpg

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Status Update: Truck happily plowed all winter and ended up paying for itself thanks to the blizzard we had last month.

So far I've replaced: Plugs and Wires (Chasing a misfire that ended up being the Upstream Bank 1 O2) and did its second oil change under my ownership.

So far it's had both Bank 1 O2 sensors fail (Upstream, then downstream like 3 weeks later) to the tune of all of ~$30 each.

So far it's gotten: Right about 12mpg on average... Between the short trips and remote start, I can't exactly say I'm surprised.

I just cannot say enough good things about this stupid truck. Between the Pioneer 1330 NEX, Backup camera, seat warmers, and remote start it's been an absolute pleasure all winter.

If you are on the fence about a GMT800 truck, make the jump. I'm no less of a Ford guy after spending winter with this truck as a comparable Ford will still be cheaper, but I have no doubt now that they are worth the extra money honestly... I frankly regret not getting into one sooner (just took this long to get a good price on a good example of one).

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
Status Update: Truck happily plowed all winter and ended up paying for itself thanks to the blizzard we had last month.

So far I've replaced: Plugs and Wires (Chasing a misfire that ended up being the Upstream Bank 1 O2) and did its second oil change under my ownership.

So far it's had both Bank 1 O2 sensors fail (Upstream, then downstream like 3 weeks later) to the tune of all of ~$30 each.

So far it's gotten: Right about 12mpg on average... Between the short trips and remote start, I can't exactly say I'm surprised.

I just cannot say enough good things about this stupid truck. Between the Pioneer 1330 NEX, Backup camera, seat warmers, and remote start it's been an absolute pleasure all winter.

If you are on the fence about a GMT800 truck, make the jump. I'm no less of a Ford guy after spending winter with this truck as a comparable Ford will still be cheaper, but I have no doubt now that they are worth the extra money honestly... I frankly regret not getting into one sooner (just took this long to get a good price on a good example of one).
Well duh. So now that this is said, when are you selling it? [emoji23]

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Well duh. So now that this is said, when are you selling it? [emoji23]

It doesn't "Owe me anything", and it's where I wanted it to be.

I need to bend one tail light guard back into place on my vice, and I have a fuel filter for it that I should get around to swapping out, but it doesn't NEED anything, and I still enjoy driving it every day, so I don't think its going anywhere for now. Doing all the 'little' stuff right at the beginning of getting it has really quelled any kind of desire to unload it, I REALLY like it.

I should tackle the brake lines before next winter just so I don't get any surprises, and I will take the side-steps off when the weather gets nice so I can halt the surface rust down low (and I like the way it looks without them), but neither are pressing needs.

The Dakota I picked up will end up being my 'flip of the month', which is a bit of a shame as it is super rare, but the Burb can do everything the Dakota can and more, and is a platform with better support. Meanwhile the Jeep and Mustang both have plenty to keep me busy for some time (and My ranger is still hanging out at the Farm).

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Speaking of which, I saw a GMT800 Suburban last Sunday with a pickup front end on it. It was heading west down 38 through Geneva. I had to do a double take because at first fro a slight distance, I thought it was simply a p/u with a cap. But as it got closer (I was going east on 38), sure as shit, it was a Suburban.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
:rofl: so this is what you texted me about. I gotta say, that was a freak out situation and you did a pretty good job taking the situation and making the best of it. I told you rust is the end of all things :rofl:

I like how you can hear the "Brake fluid low" Warning Ding right after I've cleared the intersection too, it added to the effect :bowrofl:.

And yes, Rust eats everything.... I've ordered new hardlines, only $75 for the full front to back hardline set, so life goes on thankfully.

Could have been VASTLY worse, if there was a car behind the guy that turned in front of me, I would have creamed them.

Thread Info