How much is it worth in pieces?

That's like saying a Regal is boring but a Grand Prix is exciting. While it might be a little bit tarted up, it's still a fuckin Regal underneath all that fancy bodywork.

That said, the TL Really isn't anything but an Accord.

Reasons why I wouldn't want a TL?

1. Middle aged women drive them.
2. Douchebags drive them.
3. The transmissions are a bigger ticking time bomb than the 4T65 until the latest generation..
4. It's a fucking fancy-fied Accord that's $10,000 more than the actual Accord.
5. They ride like cheap garbage. I've ridden in base model Cavaliers that felt better.

I drove the top notch TL Type S, and I was honestly more impressed with a fucking Cavalier.

Acura-TL-Type-S-1.jpg

And for giggles, here's Britain's Honda Accord.

honda-accord-type-s-1.jpg

It's not to say it isn't a good car.. a lot of people like them.. but I'd stay away from the faux luxury bullshit.
:bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:
Its all true!

This guy is bashing loaded Accords and Acura TL's when he drives a sloppy 200K mile Impala. I suppose that rides and shifts better too.:hsughlol:

I think he started "bashing" the fanicified Accord when someone laid into the GTO but gave the Fancified Accord a free pass. BTW, my friends girlfriend told him not to buy the TL when he was in the market a few monthes ago because (he exact words) "It looked like a Honda Accord with a buck tooth grill".

GTwolf

TCG Elite Member
Oct 11, 2009
I like em, drove a couple yesterday. Drove better than any American car I've ever been in, was actually pretty quick totally stock, and the thing is just loaded with options even at the base trim. It looks like the british accord I guess, but we don't have those here, we have the American accord which looks absolutely nothing like any TL I've ever seen.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
:bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:
Its all true!

I think he started "bashing" the fanicified Accord when someone laid into the GTO but gave the Fancified Accord a free pass. BTW, my friends girlfriend told him not to buy the TL when he was in the market a few monthes ago because (he exact words) "It looked like a Honda Accord with a buck tooth grill".

and a gto looks like an abortion of a gtp and a cavalier... tiny tiny wheel wells on those cute lil gto's.

GTwolf

TCG Elite Member
Oct 11, 2009
So I found the problems. There's more than one, and one of them is not the maf. Ugh, I've gotta decide if this thing is worth more time and money. What do youguys think the car is worth without the engine? Full body and transmission. Trans shifts good and it has all the options (sunroof, HUD, leather, ect.), but it does need brakes and struts.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info