How much is it worth in pieces?

GTwolf

TCG Elite Member
Oct 11, 2009
Just buy a honda accord loaded. Its basically the same car

Hondas bore the crap out of me. I've been in a loaded accord and it's definitely not the same car. Completely different body style (even though yes I know they basically share the same frame ect), better sound system, more options, acuras navigation system, better seats, nicer cluster, different wheels, more comfortable...I could keep listing shit but they're two completely different cars. I'm not saying the accord aren't nice cars, I'd drive one as a DD if I could own a second fun car, but hondas are just too point a to point b appliancey to me. They also come stock with a 283hp v6, not sure if the accord comes with that too or not though.

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
but hondas are just too point a to point b appliancey to me..

That's like saying a Regal is boring but a Grand Prix is exciting. While it might be a little bit tarted up, it's still a fuckin Regal underneath all that fancy bodywork.

That said, the TL Really isn't anything but an Accord.

Reasons why I wouldn't want a TL?

1. Middle aged women drive them.
2. Douchebags drive them.
3. The transmissions are a bigger ticking time bomb than the 4T65 until the latest generation..
4. It's a fucking fancy-fied Accord that's $10,000 more than the actual Accord.
5. They ride like cheap garbage. I've ridden in base model Cavaliers that felt better.

I drove the top notch TL Type S, and I was honestly more impressed with a fucking Cavalier.

Acura-TL-Type-S-1.jpg

And for giggles, here's Britain's Honda Accord.

honda-accord-type-s-1.jpg

It's not to say it isn't a good car.. a lot of people like them.. but I'd stay away from the faux luxury bullshit.

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
im not mad. im just trying to prevent you from convincing someone not to look at a decent car because you are "more impressed with a cavalier" and talking out of your ass.
I don't know where you get off thinking I'm "talking out of my ass" when it's true. The ride is stiffer than a MINI S, the transmissions are garbage and shift like shit whether it's manual or automatic, and they really are nothing but a fancy Accord. Honda RUINED that platform when they made that car. Then again, this is my pure opinion and isn't right or wrong in the end, just an opinion.. so no, I'm not talking out of my ass.

s00ls where do you drive all these cars?
I have quite a few connections.

A great example is one of the local Chevy dealers, I'm on a first name basis with the owner of the dealership to the point where I went in for parts for the Impala a few weeks ago and he handed me the keys to a 2011 Camaro SS M6 vert and told me to tell him what I thought afterwards.

GTwolf

TCG Elite Member
Oct 11, 2009
i dig the tl's and am pretty sure quite a few people will back me up here...

:werd: I love TLs. Currently a black/black tl with nav is probably my favorite car (that actually seems fairly attainable). I've driven a couple, the ride isn't incredible, but it's better than my gps ride by a long shot. That thing about the transmissions kinda bugs me though...I've never heard about it before but it's something to think about for sure if it's true.

The 04-08 TL is a nice car, the 07-08 TL-S are just sick. If Honda didnt swing so hard for wrong wheel drive, it would be damn near perfect. I considered one but I went with it's direct competitor instead :noes:

I would love an 07-08 type S, but totally out of my price range :tear:.

S

Soulonfire11

I think people get too worked up. Yes the honda accord and acura tl are built on the same platform and have the same v6 ect. Personally I just get pissed when car companies rebadge economy cars as luxury cars. Aka lexus and acura (buick is guilty too)

Get a infiniti g35, infinitis ride and drive great, reliable, rwd.

GTwolf

TCG Elite Member
Oct 11, 2009
I see absolutely nothing about these cars that could possibly make it a rebadged accord. Body, wheels, stereo, navigation system, seats, steering wheel, dashboard, gauge cluster, shifter, windows, doors, sunroof, suspension...literally everything about the car is completely different. When I think of 2 cars that are "basically the same car" I think of something like cavaliers and sunfires. Literally the same exact shit through the whole car, and a lot of the body parts are even the same. They pretty much just slightly redesigned the front and rear bumpers (and tweaked the hood a bit for the gt), slapped a pontiac logo on the steering wheel and called it a day. With the exception of drivetrains in the older models, acuras and hondas are two completely different cars to me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info