DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
"city’s water website"

giphy.gif

Direct your attention to the corresponding website for the water production division of your municipalities public works department. Is that better?

My brother in law works for the City of Aurora in the water treatment plant. He's an anti-vax, covid denier. He thinks it's government control/5G/<insert conspiracy theory here>. His LITERAL JOB is putting chemicals in the water.

giphy.gif

They do a good job. Had the cleanest and best tasting city water in the state multiple years in a row.

Reactions: blue-sun

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Direct your attention to the corresponding website for the water production division of your municipalities public works department. Is that better?

They do a good job. Had the cleanest and best tasting city water in the state multiple years in a row.

i was making the joke that where im at don't gots one.

legit can't even take cards or setup autopay.

must mail check or drop off check at the village hall. seriously.

• Haha
Reactions: DanJ

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020

Yeah, he's been working there for longer than I've known him (2001). Tough schedule though, for YEARS he worked 6PM to 6AM and it was a rotating on 2, off 3, on 2 type of schedule. Took it's toll on him, he's on more regular 6AM-6PM now, mostly M-F now too.

Reactions: DanJ

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
You can go to your city’s water website and it’ll tell you where it’s from. In Aurora ours is 60% fox river and 40% from wells.

yeah, lots of good info there. We get our water from Lake michigan. There is a massive pipeline along I-90 that serves the NW suburbs from ohare/chicago's water system, end of the line is those 2 giant water tanks at I-90/rt. 72. We also have a backup connection to dupage water system (also lake michigan), with backup wells on standby.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Women are extremely wasteful.
Better check your electric and gas bills next.

Also, ever notice how much trash they generate?
Where I’ll use one paper towel she’ll use three or four.

I’ll let the washer do its auto sensing and she’ll run a full tub of water, regardless of how much she’s washing.

Electric and gas aren’t bad. Though when she goes to boil water she’ll have the burner (gas stove) at max and the flames will be going past the bottom of the pot and will be licking the sides 1/4 way up. Keep telling her the flame needs to be heating the bottom, not the air around it.

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
My water bill was about $22/mo, which included sewer. G/f moved in and it’s usually $35/mo now.

Yeah, I know, comparatively it’s cheap, but I watch her waste so much of it. If she were a bit more mindful we could regularly keep it under $30.
That's literally less than one alcoholic drink costs at dinner.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
Where I’ll use one paper towel she’ll use three or four.

I’ll let the washer do its auto sensing and she’ll run a full tub of water, regardless of how much she’s washing.

Electric and gas aren’t bad. Though when she goes to boil water she’ll have the burner (gas stove) at max and the flames will be going past the bottom of the pot and will be licking the sides 1/4 way up. Keep telling her the flame needs to be heating the bottom, not the air around it.

Mine will use huge wads of toilet paper to clean the bathroom sink and other things. She was still doing this during the huge toilet paper crisis of 2020.
So, we had like three rolls left and she's using massive amounts on cleaning the sink. Those rolls could have been used for wiping asses. She just couldn't break the habit.

She'll wash 5 items of clothing with a full tub on the washer and always with HOT water. For fucking everything. I had to turn off the hot water supply to the washer. Probably save hundreds on the gas bill every year just for that.

Starts the sprinkler on the lawn and then forgets about it for hours. She once went to bed with the water running on the sprinkler all night and it rained anyway. Water bill was like $200 more than usual that month. Grass was fucking green though.

Will sometimes cut the grass unnecessarily, or cut it WAY too short. I had to put a cable with combo lock on the mower so it can't be moved.

Turns the heat up in winter WAY too high, so I'm sweating my ass off and too cold in summer so I'm freezing my balls off. I had to buy a special thermostat that allows you to set upper an lower limits and has a lockout code. Some engineer obviously made this thing especially for men who have women in the house.

Keep in mind, I did these things after telling her to please not do it at least 3000 times (not exaggerating). Women just don't listen.

Drives us crazy, doesn't it?

• Wow
Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
That's literally less than one alcoholic drink costs at dinner.
Yeah, I catch a lot of flak for the low bill. I went gung-ho one month watering the yard to help it grow. Then the bill went to $100+, of which like 30% was for sewer service even though the water was going into the soil and not down the drain.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
I’m at like $45 a month for water with some light watering. When I seeded my side yard last fall it went up quite a bit.

Mine will use huge wads of toilet paper to clean the bathroom sink and other things. She was still doing this during the huge toilet paper crisis of 2020.
So, we had like three rolls left and she's using massive amounts on cleaning the sink. Those rolls could have been used for wiping asses. She just couldn't break the habit.

She'll wash 5 items of clothing with a full tub on the washer and always with HOT water. For fucking everything. I had to turn off the hot water supply to the washer. Probably save hundreds on the gas bill every year just for that.

Starts the sprinkler on the lawn and then forgets about it for hours. She once went to bed with the water running on the sprinkler all night and it rained anyway. Water bill was like $200 more than usual that month. Grass was fucking green though.

Will sometimes cut the grass unnecessarily, or cut it WAY too short. I had to put a cable with combo lock on the mower so it can't be moved.

Turns the heat up in winter WAY too high, so I'm sweating my ass off and too cold in summer so I'm freezing my balls off. I had to buy a special thermostat that allows you to set upper an lower limits and has a lockout code. Some engineer obviously made this thing especially for men who have women in the house.

Keep in mind, I did these things after telling her to please not do it at least 3000 times (not exaggerating). Women just don't listen.

Drives us crazy, doesn't it?

I am very OCD about a lot of those things and I would be flipping the fuck out over that :rofl:. My mom grew up kind of poor with a father who was a real cheapskate (counted spaghetti noodles per person even after he had money, rinsed out zip lock bags, etc.) so I get a lot of my weird money saving stuff from her. Both of my parents were solid middle/upper middle class and we always lived relatively cheaply. My wife’s family wasn’t as conservative with money.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
I’ve talked to Turk Turk about his water bill in Wheaton using Lake Michigan water, and it’s significantly more than we pay.

Chicago raised rates to fund water intake upgrades, some suburbs are getting hit higher than others. I pay $40-50/month and avg about 3-4k gallons each cycle. 10 years ago my highest bill was maybe $25.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Really glad our new home is well and septic. Just as we were selling our previous home tons of people were posting up how they were getting hit with significantly higher water bills. I’m talking like 20-40 dollars more than usual. And it wasn’t just like 4 or 5 people posting that.

I feel like 2020 really got all local governments taking advantage of people big time

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info