Hoover Dam is losing a lot of its water

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
A lot of which isn’t drinkable without being desalinated, which requires a serious amount of energy.

edit: also sea (salt) water would kill the crops.
You’re right. But with technology nowadays, I think by now we could desalinate it.

We have wind farms, solar panels, etc…

But I’m no scientist. Lol

Our planet is dependent on oil just as much as water too.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
the middle east relies on desalination. Dubai wouldn't exist without desalination plants. Cruise ships also desalinate their fresh water. It just requires an enormous amount of energy but its a fundamental need for survival so you have to do what you can.

We are quite fortunate to live next to the great lakes, something a lot of people take for granted.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Yeah, I watched a video on how much "free" water Cali wastes and the hypocrisy over them calling themselves green was blatant. Put up a few solar panels but don't spend money on collecting an almost unlimited supply of fresh water.

DEEZUZ

Yea but how many acres..?
Donating Member
Reaction score
So out of the blue here. I'm just wondering how we have these random memes.. Like are these actors that just sent out random highly used phrases with heavily accent on the body language?

N20GT

Plz place 3,000 kudos here. kthx
Reaction score
IIRC when the damn was built and the lake created back in the 1930's the population is was supporting was about 600,000. Now it's about 9,000,000. It also provides drinking water to Arizona, Nevada, and part of Mexico, and is also responsible for generating electricity for parts of Arizona, California and Nevada.
We export water through our deserts to Mexico?! :trump:

Bob Hope

Formerly Alive
Donating Member
Reaction score
Yeah, and? Watering grass to make it green so you can mow it seems like a waste to me. No one will remember how green your grass was.
Except you get much more yearly rainfall and probably don’t need to water it on top of that to make it green. What I’m saying is that’s why it should be outlawed HERE in the desert because it flat out isn’t supposed to be a thing in nature to have perfectly manicured grass. It’s a huge fucking waste of perfectly good water.

01Cobra

Johnny Cobra
Reaction score
I remember as a kid visiting family in Vegas and the expensive homes in Henderson had lush green lawns with irrigation running all day. Was a wild sight. Now desert scape or fake turf.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom