Hmm, no wonder the Z is actually doing decent in snow

Spicy McHaggiz

The Gangs All Here!
Oct 6, 2007
Hampton, VA
image-3160959-10398365
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Potenza+RE960AS+Pole+Position

Had these on my WRX for about 6 months. Never had a problem. Even helped me push by some trucks during snow storms.

dmc6996

Addict
Oct 10, 2008
Arlington Heights
Real Name
Dave
tell that to sti drivers. yeah their tires are more or less factory race tires, but still...awd alone does not a safe car in the snow make. tires still come into play

funny you say that. my first snow with the car on factory tires was crazy. My butt clinched up at every light! no way to stop. i bought Blizzaks on ASA rims the next day. AWD with Potenza's = fail.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
well im not sayin you gotta put shitty tires on it, but i think theres probably a better happy medium than an almost full out race tire on a street going car thats built on its ability to traverse all weather types with ease. those potenzas are downright dangerous in any type of adverse condition. i dont know, just my thoughts, pay no mind

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
i totally understand where youre comin from. i guess i just kinda hold the sti in a different class of "performance" car, given its rally car heritage. but i agree, most people buy one just to tear up pavement, and the potenza is a very good tire for doing that, given that the pavement is smooth and dry. haha

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
i totally understand where youre comin from. i guess i just kinda hold the sti in a different class of "performance" car, given its rally car heritage. but i agree, most people buy one just to tear up pavement, and the potenza is a very good tire for doing that, given that the pavement is smooth and dry. haha

yeah it's not like most people are ever gonna go really try and rally these things, those are ideally special case tires too. so between a purposed tire and all-season the sti and evo come with summer tires, which i am totally glad they do. you get summer tires when you buy a gto or a v8 mustang and such too though right?

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
yea these arent that great.....car doesnt like moving from a light when theres slush and snow. back end gets angry until tcs kicks in and i can get the car moving....the shit outside right now should make the ride home enjoyable

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
350z coupe comes with summers right? i used to work in schaumburg, near streets of woodfield. i remember getting off work one time when it was snowing and getting on to the on ramp for 53 north. there was some dude in a 350z coupe who was stuck as hell couldn't get his ass up the on ramp and on to the highway. first year with that car and summer tires in the snow i figured! been there!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info