Heated garages are bad for your car in the winter

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Oh yeah, love that preheating. Mine also shuts off when the garage doors or windows are left open. No need to heat the planet anymore.

I'm silly and mine has Alexa so when I'm on the concrete floor and cold under a car I can just yell to her and get her to create more rust.

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
large_ac18346c-bd69-4c28-831b-f73d2b707f8c.jpg

thought about getting this. runs on the batteries and little propane tanks but can buy an adaptor for the big tanks. Would be nice once i get into camping and such.
Problem is their noisy. I have one I use when I have to do shit in my garage or yard in the winter and it's so loud and you can smell the propane. But damn does it heat!

Vogz

Moist Ass Bitch
Jul 4, 2006
Batavia, IL
I think this is pure horse shit. Engines and drivetrains put off FAR more heat than a heated garage does. The only rust on my 7 year old daily driver Audi is on the exhaust hardware and steel subframe parts around the rear differential. It's also only surface rust on the subframe.

I've had a heated garage for 2 years now and I've seen zero acceleration in corrosion with our vehicles.

I would say not washing the salt off of your car in the winter is far more detrimental. The body goes through many heating and cooling cycles in everyday use with sunlight, driving, etc. I see cars that are less than 5 years old with visible body rust sometimes. I keep my cars 8-10 years and have never had any corrosion issues, but I wash them regularly.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Insulated heated detached garage and car has unlimited wash barcode.

Know what makes cars rust. Dirt and sand and salt and not washing vehicles.

My shit is none of the above. Clean. Heated. Insulated.

It snowed last week here. I got to work looked at every single other vehicle in the parking lot with snow on them and said Hmmm all you poor bastards park outside? Haha get with the times people!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info