Heated garages are bad for your car in the winter

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Well, salt only comes onto the ground when it snows......so.....

I never thought about it, but why not just seal your frame and inner body panels that would be affected? :dunno:

Or big ballers will just get an under carriage sprayer as you enter your heated garage.

Or move to FL and enjoy the bath salts and Flyn. :trump:

salt can get places that you can't protect- gp's and their rocker rust, GM pickup's and their rocker rust, ford super duty's and their door pinchweld rust... etc.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
who here even has a heated garage?

giphy.gif

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
I have a heated garage. I keep it above freezing unless I am out there.

Not freezing garage = Happy Wife = Happy Life and also greater than a PSL

Im not TCG sell cars every 4 years rich, but I don't really worry about rust that much that Im gonna give up heat in my garage.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
salt can get places that you can't protect- gp's and their rocker rust, GM pickup's and their rocker rust, ford super duty's and their door pinchweld rust... etc.

Reminds me I need to go inspect again :rofl:

I know [MENTION=1983]Outlaw[/MENTION] had the problem on the ole '15 but pretty sure his was garaged, if not heated garaged?

My bitch stay out in the cold and maybe that's slowing the process during the salt months.. Just recently the engine bay smelled like it cooked a whole family of mice though :io:

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007

crooks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 30, 2012
Elgin IL
someone find me a gas heater for my garage (2.5 car), got a gas line, just need the unit. don't need anything fancy and go. prefer something to hang so it doesn't take up floor space

I had a hard time finding used ones under $200. When I did it ended up needing $150 gas valve. If I did it again I would just buy new from menards or farm and fleet.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info