Heat Exchanger

01SVT19

Reaction score
What do you guys have as your Heat Exchanger??? What do you recommend? I hear so many different things and Cant decide yet? I hear the LFP is good plus they offer stencil writing on it. Fluidyne which is the most expensive. Is it that much better than the AFCO or LFP ones?

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Reaction score
01SVT19 said:
What do you guys have as your Heat Exchanger??? What do you recommend? I hear so many different things and Cant decide yet? I hear the LFP is good plus they offer stencil writing on it. Fluidyne which is the most expensive. Is it that much better than the AFCO or LFP ones?
I run the LFP dual pass at the time it was the biggest on the market with 18 fins per square inch. I love it was $279 shipped. If I could do it again I would go w the AFCO they r a little smaller 16 fins per sq in but they come w dual fans and they r under $300, performance will b better w fans for sure.

Tom

aka T_Factor
Reaction score
I am not an expert, but, will tell you that I picked my AFCO h/e (single pass) up for under $200 + tax/shipping.

-Tom

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Reaction score
i have one of the first gordsford units. it would be my first choice again, but i also like afco products.

friends dont let friends have things stenciled on their heat exchanger.

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Reaction score
Fluidyne or gords. I loved my fluidyne when i had it.

smith876

Displaced Chicagoan
Reaction score
01SVT19 said:
A few members on this board have had very bad experiences with LFP, so you may want to stay clear...

I just purchased the xtreme motorsports (Ron Davis builds them) unit, I chose that one as it does not have any hangers visible from the front of the unit, as they bug the crap out of me. But it's an incredible looking piece just let me know if you want pics (sorry not on car yet), but I can snap away the unit on the floor.

The gords page linked above lists the dimensions of many of the popular h/e's on the market, so be sure to check that out...may help in your decision.

OP
01SVT19

01SVT19

Reaction score
Thanks Guys. I did some search and so Far RPM Outlet has the cheapest Price. Does anyone know if I can find the AFCO 80275NDP Double Pass for any cheaper? Or just order it from RPM???

Tom

aka T_Factor
Reaction score
01SVT19 said:
Thanks Guys. I did some search and so Far RPM Outlet has the cheapest Price. Does anyone know if I can find the AFCO 80275NDP Double Pass for any cheaper? Or just order it from RPM???

Suggestion... Before you order... Take that price to some of the chicagosvt sponsors and see if they can match. :biggthump

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Reaction score
smith876 said:
A few members on this board have had very bad experiences with LFP, so you may want to stay clear...

I just purchased the xtreme motorsports (Ron Davis builds them) unit, I chose that one as it does not have any hangers visible from the front of the unit, as they bug the crap out of me. But it's an incredible looking piece just let me know if you want pics (sorry not on car yet), but I can snap away the unit on the floor.

The gords page linked above lists the dimensions of many of the popular h/e's on the market, so be sure to check that out...may help in your decision.
I never had any problems w LFP. The heat exchanger is sweet and its the biggest one on the market. Like I said before the only reason AFCO would be my choice if I had to do it again is because of the new dual fans on them, unless u want to spend $500 for a PHP. :nono: Realy anyone would be good just depends on your liking and cash flow.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Reaction score
VenomInside said:
Fluidyne or gords. I loved my fluidyne when i had it.
Fluidyne is so small though. Dual Pass+fans the way to go.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
01SVT19 said:
Good luck with RPM Outlet. Maybe they'll get your order right. Many of us have ordered through them once.

As far as heat exchangers, I like the quality of my "COBRA" stencilled Gord's Ford with fans. Gotta have the "COBRA" on there. :cool:

Reaction score
FuelSlut said:
I never had any problems w LFP. The heat exchanger is sweet and its the biggest one on the market. Like I said before the only reason AFCO would be my choice if I had to do it again is because of the new dual fans on them, unless u want to spend $500 for a PHP. :nono: Realy anyone would be good just depends on your liking and cash flow.
agreed, i also have the lfp, and it does the job just fine, im never gonna run 700hp in my car or run it 20 passes in a row at the rack, so it works good for me. I would liek to have the gords as well but its almost $500.00 so i did what i did and im happy.

Mr03Cobra

612rwhp - 590rwtq
Reaction score
I have the LFP Dual Pass Heat Exchanger. I'm happy with it. I also have other cooling mods as well. I runn prolly 30 degrees cooler than most.

vnmpind

Reaction score
afco dual pass keep an eye on ebay they sell the ones that are not perfect for like 200.00 heck of a deal and they test them before they send them out to make sure they are good, I bought one that a few bad fins for 220.00 shipped makes no sense to pay more for the same thing in my book

JymBart

Reaction score
LFP & RPM, ......... Never again!!!!

JymBart

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom