• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Heat Exchanger

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
01SVT19 said:
What do you guys have as your Heat Exchanger??? What do you recommend? I hear so many different things and Cant decide yet? I hear the LFP is good plus they offer stencil writing on it. Fluidyne which is the most expensive. Is it that much better than the AFCO or LFP ones?
I run the LFP dual pass at the time it was the biggest on the market with 18 fins per square inch. I love it was $279 shipped. If I could do it again I would go w the AFCO they r a little smaller 16 fins per sq in but they come w dual fans and they r under $300, performance will b better w fans for sure.

smith876

Displaced Chicagoan
Mar 29, 2004
KC, MO
01SVT19 said:
What do you guys have as your Heat Exchanger??? What do you recommend? I hear so many different things and Cant decide yet? I hear the LFP is good plus they offer stencil writing on it. Fluidyne which is the most expensive. Is it that much better than the AFCO or LFP ones?

A few members on this board have had very bad experiences with LFP, so you may want to stay clear...

I just purchased the xtreme motorsports (Ron Davis builds them) unit, I chose that one as it does not have any hangers visible from the front of the unit, as they bug the crap out of me. But it's an incredible looking piece just let me know if you want pics (sorry not on car yet), but I can snap away the unit on the floor.

The gords page linked above lists the dimensions of many of the popular h/e's on the market, so be sure to check that out...may help in your decision.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
smith876 said:
A few members on this board have had very bad experiences with LFP, so you may want to stay clear...

I just purchased the xtreme motorsports (Ron Davis builds them) unit, I chose that one as it does not have any hangers visible from the front of the unit, as they bug the crap out of me. But it's an incredible looking piece just let me know if you want pics (sorry not on car yet), but I can snap away the unit on the floor.

The gords page linked above lists the dimensions of many of the popular h/e's on the market, so be sure to check that out...may help in your decision.
I never had any problems w LFP. The heat exchanger is sweet and its the biggest one on the market. Like I said before the only reason AFCO would be my choice if I had to do it again is because of the new dual fans on them, unless u want to spend $500 for a PHP. :nono: Realy anyone would be good just depends on your liking and cash flow.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
01SVT19 said:
Thanks Guys. I did some search and so Far RPM Outlet has the cheapest Price. Does anyone know if I can find the AFCO 80275NDP Double Pass for any cheaper? Or just order it from RPM???

Good luck with RPM Outlet. Maybe they'll get your order right. Many of us have ordered through them once.

As far as heat exchangers, I like the quality of my "COBRA" stencilled Gord's Ford with fans. Gotta have the "COBRA" on there. :cool:

Sep 17, 2005
FuelSlut said:
I never had any problems w LFP. The heat exchanger is sweet and its the biggest one on the market. Like I said before the only reason AFCO would be my choice if I had to do it again is because of the new dual fans on them, unless u want to spend $500 for a PHP. :nono: Realy anyone would be good just depends on your liking and cash flow.

agreed, i also have the lfp, and it does the job just fine, im never gonna run 700hp in my car or run it 20 passes in a row at the rack, so it works good for me. I would liek to have the gords as well but its almost $500.00 so i did what i did and im happy.

vnmpind

Addict
Apr 7, 2006
afco dual pass keep an eye on ebay they sell the ones that are not perfect for like 200.00 heck of a deal and they test them before they send them out to make sure they are good, I bought one that a few bad fins for 220.00 shipped makes no sense to pay more for the same thing in my book

noavgcobra

Addict
Aug 14, 2006
i like my fluidyne and stencils are ok

Attachments

• fluid1.jpg
    fluid1.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 72
  • fluid2.jpg
    fluid2.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 67
  • fluid3.jpg
    fluid3.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 76
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info