Halo: Reach crew, assemble!

CamaroSS

Banned
May 23, 2007
i paid 60 bucks the game and for launch day delivery. cheaper than at the store.

this is why i did it.

i still get games at midnight openings, this just isnt a game im that concerned with getting right at midnight. midnight openings work perfectly for me since im rarely going to bed before 1 or 2 so why not run out grab it and then i dont have to worry about picking it up the next day before or after work, i can just come home and be settled in ready to play. :dunno:

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
some more reviews

Halo: Reach is exactly the kind of game that Bungie has gotten great at building over the last two generations of console hardware. It's a Halo game through and through, with the same style and pacing that you've come to expect, but with a new cast of characters that are worth paying attention to and a multiplayer mode that has more variety than it's ever had before. It's not going to change your mind about Halo, but this special delivery for fans of the franchise is a great send-off as Bungie ends its involvement with the franchise to go work on something new.

Jorge is the useful one, a thunderous man-mountain who struts around with a minigun and actually manages to Get Things Done. On the other end of the scale you have Emile, who's all bark and no bite: the skull painted onto the front of his visor hides the fact he's utterly useless the one time he takes to the stage. In the middle you have chatty sniper Jun and the po-faced seriousness of deputy Kat and bossman Carter. They all exist to make way for you, however. Noble Six, whose only identifiable shred of personality comes from getting chewed out at the start of the game for having some lone wolf tendencies in his top-secret file. Six's background is classified, and his opportunities to speak are scant. He, like Master Chief, is almost entirely a blank slate, existing solely to facilitate the player's submersion in the world.

Like any great game, Reach never has you doing the same thing for too long. In one scene you battle Elites across a beautiful, Halo 1-esque vista. In the next, you tear a Warthog across an epic battlefield, stealthily assassinate and snipe Elites at midnight and - yes - fly a jet through space. The space combat section is fantastically well done. High above the stunning celestial body of Reach, you'll manoeuvre and spin the Sabre (that's your spaceship) through the heavens, shooting down Covenant vessels via clever HUD items - which show the correct spot to target in order to arch your shot straight up their backsides. But it's not the best airborne section of the campaign. That award goes to the stunningly beautiful mission that sees you piloting a Falcon airship in the rain high above the skyscrapers of a burning Reach city.

These new features and refined, classic design work in concert well enough that Halo: Reach often meets that gaming ideal of pure immersion — the core components that can remind you that you're playing a game are a nonentity while you focus on the action at hand. While playing I found myself slipping into that state quite often, only occasionally ripped out by nasty difficulty spikes. Halo: Reach is a tough game on the harder settings — easily the most difficult in the franchise — and it only gets more challenging as you add co-op players thanks to a scaling difficulty.

...it's the dangerously addictive Firefight that will lead to a lot of sleepless nights. Building on the killer version found in ODST, Bungie's enhanced their live-as-long-as-you can gameplay in a variety of ways. Along with full matchmaking support, Firefight can now be played with preset rules, such as the self-explanatory Rocketfight or Gruntpocalypse, in place. Best of all, you can create your own Firefight variants by tweaking enemy waves, weapon load-outs, match durations and skulls. Creativity is further encouraged in the all-new Forge World, an overhaul of Halo 3's popular map editor. Offering tons of new options and items, as well as a much more intuitive interface, I found Forge World accessible to even a novice map-maker like myself. Whether you're a purist content to score headshots in Reflection, a shiny new remake of Halo 2's Ivory Tower map, or you're determined to dream up the dumbest Firefight variant, Reach's overflowing online options have something for everyone.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Ok, there was a line at mine. Ohh well. I brought my PSP in to keep me company and do some MGS missions.

Some lady asked me to stop playing my violent video game in front of her 12 year old son. I asked why she was there, and she said to buy same son Halo. I :rofl:ed and stated that she has some balls to "speak" to me about violent video games while waiting in line with her son, who should be in bed cause tomorrow is a school day, to buy him a mature rated game.

People have some fucking balls. :roflpicard:

CamaroSS

Banned
May 23, 2007
Ok, there was a line at mine. Ohh well. I brought my PSP in to keep me company and do some MGS missions.

Some lady asked me to stop playing my violent video game in front of her 12 year old son. I asked why she was there, and she said to buy same son Halo. I :rofl:ed and stated that she has some balls to "speak" to me about violent video games while waiting in line with her son, who should be in bed cause tomorrow is a school day, to buy him a mature rated game.

People have some fucking balls. :roflpicard:

:bowrofl::bowrofl: stupid people

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info