Got a new hoe.

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
20% all the way around, just had them tint over the factory stuff in back.
UqeOdJOh.png

After 4K miles I have some takeaways. First thing is it’s MUCH quieter inside the cabin on the road than the older model. You can tell they spent some time focusing on that, I love it. It handles amazing for a truck. I can take a turn fast enough to fling shit all over inside and still feel like I could’ve taken it faster. Something I don’t like, the 6speed. Idk if it’s the way it’s tuned or the trans gearing itself but it takes a lot of gas to get this thing going. And it’s making way more power than the older one. But just driving it, not enough gas and it’s lugging around. Give a little more and it takes off.

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
20% all the way around, just had them tint over the factory stuff in back.
UqeOdJOh.png

After 4K miles I have some takeaways. First thing is it’s MUCH quieter inside the cabin on the road than the older model. You can tell they spent some time focusing on that, I love it. It handles amazing for a truck. I can take a turn fast enough to fling shit all over inside and still feel like I could’ve taken it faster. Something I don’t like, the 6speed. Idk if it’s the way it’s tuned or the trans gearing itself but it takes a lot of gas to get this thing going. And it’s making way more power than the older one. But just driving it, not enough gas and it’s lugging around. Give a little more and it takes off.

That is probably the V4 mode kicking in and out. I didn't want to program ours and throw the warranty out so I bought a range AFM delete. Worth every penny. It completely changes the way the truck drives.

crooks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 30, 2012
Elgin IL
That is probably the V4 mode kicking in and out. I didn't want to program ours and throw the warranty out so I bought a range AFM delete. Worth every penny. It completely changes the way the truck drives.

I didnt want to loose my warranty either so I bought a pedal controller. I felt the problem was more of a tip in issue from 0-40% throttle the stock pedal feels lazy.

The pedal commander/booster makes them drive more like a cable throttle body instead of the hesitation drive by wire throttle bodies have. They dont add horsepower but they make it safer for me to pull out into traffic and know when I step on the gas the truck actually take off.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
I didnt want to loose my warranty either so I bought a pedal controller. I felt the problem was more of a tip in issue from 0-40% throttle the stock pedal feels lazy.

The pedal commander/booster makes them drive more like a cable throttle body instead of the hesitation drive by wire throttle bodies have. They dont add horsepower but they make it safer for me to pull out into traffic and know when I step on the gas the truck actually take off.

link ?
when I took the truck to the drag strip, when I floored it, the damn thing sat there wondering what to do

crooks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 30, 2012
Elgin IL

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010

It’s more coming from a stop, so I know it’s in v8 mode when it’s doing it.

Now this is exactly what I’m thinking. That 0-40% tip in throttle is very lazy.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Ugh that sucks. It’s like the drivetrain is confused when I’m accelerating unless I’m aggressive to beating on it.
Going from a 4 to a 6 speed had me thinking shit was broke because it’s always confused feeling. Shifts constantly too. One day I’ll get a tune and let you know :rofl:

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL

crooks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 30, 2012
Elgin IL
290 bucks.... eh, i'm ordering headlights for Barney :dunno:

I think I found it for $250 and sold it for $175 after I sold my truck. For $75 it was worth it for the 3 years I had it. And I didnt worry about fucking my warranty like a tune could.

Full tune is a better option these are just for guys who want to keep their warranty

Thread Info