Got a new hoe.

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
20% all the way around, just had them tint over the factory stuff in back.
UqeOdJOh.png

After 4K miles I have some takeaways. First thing is itā€™s MUCH quieter inside the cabin on the road than the older model. You can tell they spent some time focusing on that, I love it. It handles amazing for a truck. I can take a turn fast enough to fling shit all over inside and still feel like I couldā€™ve taken it faster. Something I donā€™t like, the 6speed. Idk if itā€™s the way itā€™s tuned or the trans gearing itself but it takes a lot of gas to get this thing going. And itā€™s making way more power than the older one. But just driving it, not enough gas and itā€™s lugging around. Give a little more and it takes off.

Update:

Bought a blazer.

https://www.thechicagogarage.com/threads/bought-a-new-blazer-tonight.170017/#post-3958187

Review-

And there it is. Shortest new car Iā€™ve ever owned. A little over a year. After the first 2 weeks I never fought my wife to drive this car. If you like Mr.Magoo in control of your drivetrain the Tahoe is for you.

The transmission is constantly confused. Has to think what gear it should be in, throttle input was never harmonious with the trans, and shifting was a bit clunky. Absolutely ruined driving it for me. Itā€™s only fun if youā€™re heavy on the gas at all times. It was pretty fun to drive around but damn this thing felt so much more ā€œmatureā€ than my 07 Tahoe that most of the time I just wanted to drive it normal. But when you actively think about the shift coming up , or downshift, it was hard to enjoy. Anxiety rose with the rpms, anticipating the next gear.

The rest of the car was great, but I never used it for one reason I bought it, towing. Wife wanted to downsize so a new Blazer it was. If you can get over the name, itā€™s a great suv for what it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Update:

Bought a blazer.

https://www.thechicagogarage.com/threads/bought-a-new-blazer-tonight.170017/#post-3958187

The transmission is constantly confused. Has to think what gear it should be in, throttle input was never harmonious with the trans, and shifting was a bit clunky. Absolutely ruined driving it for me. Itā€™s only fun if youā€™re heavy on the gas at all times. It was pretty fun to drive around but damn this thing felt so much more ā€œmatureā€ than my 07 Tahoe that most of the time I just wanted to drive it normal. But when you actively think about the shift coming up , or downshift, it was hard to enjoy. Anxiety rose with the rpms, anticipating the next gear.
My 16 LTZ trans is the exact same way, I have been thinking something was wrong and was going to take it in.
Drives me up a fucking wall, my 14 felt like it drove so much better.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I believe that there were two TSB's related to transmission driveability issues.

1) #PIP5446: Harsh Shift 1/2 and 2/3 and Sputter Applying Throttle Between 0 and 30% Rough idle P0101 P0171 P0172 P0174 P0175
2) #16-NA-019: Information on Transmission Adaptive Functions and Correcting Low Mileage Harsh Shifts, Slips, or Flares

I'm guessing #2 is probably where your issue was.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
I believe that there were two TSB's related to transmission driveability issues.

1) #PIP5446: Harsh Shift 1/2 and 2/3 and Sputter Applying Throttle Between 0 and 30% Rough idle P0101 P0171 P0172 P0174 P0175
2) #16-NA-019: Information on Transmission Adaptive Functions and Correcting Low Mileage Harsh Shifts, Slips, or Flares

I'm guessing #2 is probably where your issue was.

Anything for a ā€˜12? I still need the fan recall done so If I have to I can mention it..

Nice ride!

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
there are some service handling bulletins,, some Hybrid ones (I didn't add since you don't have a hybrid)

The ones related to driveability (some of these are one in the same with different variations at the end with letters A, B, C);
- PI-1344-A trans slip at launch
- PI-1344-B and PI-1344-C hard 6 - 4 downshift and how to reset the TAP programming)
- PIP-4568- R misfire on 1, 4, 6, 7 that generates a CEL
- PI-1343-A reprogramming of TCM due to hard 6-4 downshift
- PIT-5206-C unwanted grade braking
- PIP-4112-N hesitation when acceleration from coasting at low speeds
- PIP-4681-D random bump, chuggle, or fishbite sensation when crowding the throttle slightly with the torque converter clutch on while cruising
- PIP-4765-A CEL on, constant misfire
- PI-0488 Transmission slipping or no movement
- PI-0773 slipping, no 4th, 5th or 6th gear, P0796 triggering the CEL
- PI-0522-B transmission filler tube/neck broken
- 08-07-30-021G loss of high speed gmlan communications, intermittent no crank, ip gage fluctuation, intermittent door look cycling, intermittent chime operation, various ip warning lamps illuminated, transmission may not shift, communication dtcs u007

Reactions: SaturdaysGS

Thread Info