đź’¬ OT Gladiator’s Official Stroke-ing Thread

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Also, in today’s world where the new cars all suck and are crazy expensive, 60 grand for a 700 hp roomie four seater daily driver sounds like a win in my book

I have mentioned on TCG in the past, I think a Hellcat Charger would be a great daily driver. But paying $60k for a 5 year old Dodge, for me, is tough to justify. When that stickered for $70k 5 years ago. Although I guess this one only having 6K miles isn't horrible. What would also help justify it is that the only new model you can get in 2024 is the Jailbreak model which is $85k.

But I'm not shopping for a Hellcat. So doesn't much matter. And Juan isn't shopping for one either. Although he should. lol

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
I have mentioned on TCG in the past, I think a Hellcat Charger would be a great daily driver. But paying $60k for a 5 year old Dodge, for me, is tough to justify. When that stickered for $70k 5 years ago. Although I guess this one only having 6K miles isn't horrible. What would also help justify it is that the only new model you can get in 2024 is the Jailbreak model which is $85k.

But I'm not shopping for a Hellcat. So doesn't much matter. And Juan isn't shopping for one either. Although he should. lol
If I am spending $80ish I rather get a SGT500, but, if I am willing to spend $80 ish I rather look for a Demon for $100ish. The demon is rare and unique which is what I am looking for…and lords HP.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
If I am spending $80ish I rather get a SGT500, but, if I am willing to spend $80 ish I rather look for a Demon for $100ish. The demon is rare and unique which is what I am looking for…and lords HP.
The demon looks the exact same as every other challenger with widebody

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin

- $40k gets you a narrow body, probably ragged to shit, stolen, or accident, high mileage one with stupid mods and tacky hellcat logos on the rear quarter panel/door. High percent of the color being black, white or octane red because that's all that seem to be in this bucket.

- $50k - $60k gets you a more reasonable mileage, still high percentage of narrow body's (An occasional Wide body will drop in to this bucket), but you start weeding out the "Falling Price, Falling Quality" (FPFQ) membership, mods are tasteful, cars are clean/cleaner.

- $70k gets you a little less mileage, it becomes more evenly split between narrow body and wide body, quantity of stolen cars is very low, cars are generally very clean and nice. An occasional Redeye stumbles in.

-$80k+ You're getting Redeye's, Jailbreak's, and other "this is our last of the last... we promise" editions. Cars are generally bought and put in the garage and are very low mileage.

Unfortunately, this is the pricing. You want a HC, Charger or Challenger, this is what you're stuck with. I don't like it, but I want a cat, so that's what's gonna have to get spent.

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
And it's not as ludicrous pricing as say a Chevy SS. Me being a Holden nut, I shop these too...

A super clean, low mileage and certainly an M6 version, going for more used than what they were new back when Chevy had the 20% discount on the hood.

This is one I kick myself over not doing, ignoring the wife. We just had tight finances at the time. But in 2015/16 you could've walked out with a fully loaded SS for $38k to $40k with that discount. Now go look at them... Fucking lunacy.

1710284217372.png

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
This gave me a good laugh just now...

The car;
1710440148539.png

Their description... :D
1710440205505.png

- Perfect first car... :D
- New Paint. Uhh, with no accidents, it shouldn't need new paint
- Never seen snow. It's in Texas... Now LOL, I get it could've come from somewhere else.
- Custom Wheels. Those are OE Brass Monkey wheels. :D

But the "perfect first car" got me going. :D

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim

The car;
View attachment 200383

View attachment 200384

- Never seen snow. It's in Texas... Now LOL, I get it could've come from somewhere else.

"Ice cold A/C"... I would hope so, the car isn't that old.

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)

The car;
View attachment 200383

View attachment 200384

That description would be half as long if it didn’t repeat several things.

Thread Info