get pulled over in a 3800: you're gonna have a bad time

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
While I believe the officer used excessive force, why didn't the kid just get out of the car and have his dad sort it out later? I'm going to do my best to teach my son to just obey any commands an officer gives you, and take care of it in court. No good can ever come from resisting arrest. When will people learn? How many similar videos have we all seen? Do any of them ever end well?

You may not get shot with a gun, but an improperly used taser could have the same results.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
While I believe the officer used excessive force, why didn't the kid just get out of the car and have his dad sort it out later? I'm going to do my best to teach my son to just obey any commands an officer gives you, and take care of it in court. No good can ever come from resisting arrest. When will people learn? How many similar videos have we all seen? Do any of them ever end well?

You may not get shot with a gun, but an improperly used taser could have the same results.

did you read the long article or no?

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
I agree [MENTION=63]blakbearddelite[/MENTION] , but also teaching rights is important so this foul play can be brought against the officer and dept or to court so these worthless ******s can go back to being security guards or gas station attendants (no offense to either occupation) but the conviction and sentence shows clearly this guy is held responsible.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I agree [MENTION=63]blakbearddelite[/MENTION] , but also teaching rights is important so this foul play can be brought against the officer and dept or to court so these worthless ******s can go back to being security guards or gas station attendants (no offense to either occupation) but the conviction and sentence shows clearly this guy is held responsible.

this.

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
did you read the long article or no?

I read all the articles posted. I didn't see anywhere in them that convinced me the kid wouldn't have been better off just letting the officer arrest him.

I agree, everyone should know their rights and when they're infringed. But the scene of the crime is not the place to stand your ground.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
A full 23 seconds after Runnels pulled the trigger on the X26 Taser, he let it go and handcuffed Bryce. But Bryce wasn’t moving. Runnels told him to get up. Bryce didn’t budge. So Runnels grabbed him by the arms and pulled him, with the boy’s legs dragging on the ground between Runnels’ shuffling feet, toward the side of the road. Then Runnels released Bryce’s arms and allowed him to drop face first onto the street. A snapping thud filled the room — the sound of Bryce’s 175-pound frame hitting the pavement as his teeth crashed together and his jaw dislocated.
Bryce began to moan.“You don’t like to play by the rules, do you,” Runnels said. The Masters could see Bryce’s heart heaving up and down on the screen, an indication that he was going through cardiac arrest. Runnels seemed to ignore all this and, as the video shot by a neighbor makes clear, he put his right foot onto Bryce’s back. “Bryce, better sit up,” he said. “I don’t play games.”

Bryce didn’t respond.

“I’ve been tased a dozen times,” Runnels said to Bryce. “It doesn’t act like that.”

Another officer arrived on scene and Runnels explained that there was a warrant on Bryce’s plate — ostensibly the reason for the stop. The new officer referred to Bryce, lying there stationary. “Wake up, guy,” the officer said. Then, to Runnels: “He’s turning blue.”

Watching the video, Stacy was astounded. “I felt like he would have cared for an injured animal better.”

“I will never get over the fact that he put his foot on Bryce’s back, while he was literally dying,” she said. “I don’t think I’ll ever, ever be able to forget that.”

As hard as it was to watch, Bryce felt vindicated. He had done exactly what his parents told him to do. “Nothing I could’ve done would have stopped him that day. I didn’t do anything wrong.” Still, seeing himself abused like that was surreal. He was transported back to the moment when everything changed, and despite how hard his life had become, he thought he would do it all the same way again. “If that’s my right, why would I let some cop try to take it away?”

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I read all the articles posted. I didn't see anywhere in them that convinced me the kid would have been better off just letting the officer arrest him.

I agree, everyone should know their rights and when they're infringed. But the scene of the crime is not the place to stand your ground.

scene of what crime :bowrofl:

you must have missed the part where the kid did absolutely nothing wrong

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
That's exactly the mentality that caused the problem. It doesn't matter if there was crime or not. Whether you're guilty or innocent, just let the officer arrest you.

so some cop walks up to you out of the blue, goes you're under arrest, you're reply is going to be oh okay neat, and you're going to turn around and present your wrists?

not gonna want to know for a second, what for? you do know that's a right of yours right?

seriously? :rofl:

where's [MENTION=60]greasy[/MENTION] at today.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
did the kid have any time to? and i honestly don't know until the situation would hit me... the kid was 17 fucking years old when this happened, that's a child

There was time. The cop pulled his taser, said "fine have it your way, get out of the car". Waiting 5 seconds or so before he pulled the trigger. 17 years old or not, my ass would on the ground so fast. That's all we're saying here. At some point you have to know what's around the corner.

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
did the kid have any time to? and i honestly don't know until the situation would hit me... the kid was 17 fucking years old when this happened, that's a child

He was 17 not 5. By 17, you should already know that you need to obey an officer's instructions.....unless your dad is a cop and makes you believe that if you put up a big enough stink, the officer won't arrest you.

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
so some cop walks up to you out of the blue, goes you're under arrest, you're reply is going to be oh okay neat, and you're going to turn around and present your wrists?

not gonna want to know for a second, what for? you do know that's a right of yours right?

seriously? :rofl:

where's [MENTION=60]greasy[/MENTION] at today.

I would likely ask why I was being arrested, but I wouldn't resist. What would you recommend, running away? It seems retarded to me to disobey an officer if he's drawn his weapon on you. If you think he's going to violate your rights before you resist, wait until you start causing a scene.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
That's exactly the mentality that caused the problem. It doesn't matter if there was crime or not. Whether you're guilty or innocent, just let the officer arrest you.

I think you missed it, there was no crime committed by the kid, the officer illegally stopping the car and attempting to more or less murder the kid was the crime and thus the scene of the crime.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
Murder the kid? Come on, the cop fucked up. No doubt. But I don't think he was out to get the kid.

you hear how long that 50,000 volt taser was clicking? and that kid seemed in good health, someone older and not in good health very likely may not have survived that. Although its not considered deadly force, it very capable of being deadly.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info