IMG_20200711_110925.jpg
IMG_20200711_110913.jpg

Dave M

TCG Elite Member
Aug 28, 2015
Gurnee
Real Name
Morefield
The exhaust the was found on YT was a dual in dual out single muffler set up with no X or H. I wanted something similar but opted for the 2 muffler set up.
I assume you have MDS, how does it sound when it activates on a true dual system? I went with a single in dual out on my Lamb, and the MDS sounds like a badly tuned 2 stroke engine :ROFLMAO:

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Winter washing ?
Rinse, foam, rinse. Drive home.
Wheels were foamed with brake buster and a long handle boar's hair brush used for tires and wheels faces. Door jambs and wheels were towel dried.
Obamanotbad.jpeg

PXL_20210103_190845169.jpg
PXL_20210103_184005020.jpg
You took all your own stuff to the car wash? I got caught by my house and kindly asked not to do it again lol

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
I took the big and small foamer and a brush. I rinsed the truck in the stall, foamed all 4 wheels/ tires. hit them with my brush, then used the big foamer to walk around the truck 2x.
rinsed and backed out of the stall. dried wheels and door jambs.

I would not attempt a full bucket wash there... at least during the day. The attendant is there ALL THE TIME. He drives a red Tacoma, so it's obvious when he's there.
This is in Hampshire... not many people there today. The guy in the next stall had a bucket and a milk crate of supplies etc. Younger kid with an older BMW, he gave no fucks.

if you looks at the lower sections of the doors, you can see the truck is still dirty. :(

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
1st week of May, neighbor's HS nephew and his friend were throwing the football around in the driveway. Why is there " no ball playing " signs / rules for where people park their property ? Who knows, anyways, the football found it's way onto my hood. Dennis does dents came out to look at the damage, 3.5 weeks later, I went to his work place to have it fixed ( this is when the driveway was being redone ). He worked on Barney in the garage then we headed to Elk Grove.

After a wash, inspecting the damage:
Notice the distortion in the siding
9JaJZcB.jpg

as if that was not bad enough, there was a 2nd dent right along the body line:
drq1gIO.jpg

JFZYF5S.jpg

Here is a better look at the one on the body line. Hi-tech PDR lighting:
o2O1TiK.jpg

This was later the same day when the truck stayed at my parents while the driveway was paved:
RCilyme.jpg

nktzUVZ.jpg

After almost 5 weeks, the truck was washed, pictures @ home with siding to show a true before and after:
KQguxHC.jpg

oItKL3A.jpg

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
So I think my truck is defective.

I bought touch up paint from automotive touch up, used it on some minor rock chips on the front bumper. Noticed the next day that the paint dried darker than the truck.
I bought GM touch up paint for the 2016 and it did not match. Purchased from automotive touch up and it was perfect. I have used them for about 5 other vehicles and every time the paint has been spot on.
So thinking it was a fluke, I ordered another bottle. Looked the same in the bottle, so I put some paint on a white piece of paper.
brush stroke and 2 "dots" or dabs from the brush tip. They look pretty close. The original paint looks correct at the end of the brush stroke.

I ordered a touch up pen/ bottle from GM / AC Delco. Same thing. too damn dark.

There are 3 paint codes for the Satin steel Metallic when on the AT website but when the order goes through it comes back with 464C
Which is on the GM paint pen as well. New cars do not have the RPO codes listed on the stickers, there is a QR code to scan.
What's at the bottom of the codes ? 464 C

FML

Thread Info