IMG_20200711_110913.jpg

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Thank you for the #likes and congratulatory posts :fy:

Plans are................. exhaust, possible CAI and a bed cover before winter.
I walked around the truck yesterday with my fancy schmancy detailing light. I only came across a couple light "scuffs" that most people would never notice. I washed it yesterday and used bead maker as a temporary spray on sealant.
Plan is to light polish and coat the truck soon... like hopefully within the next month.
I'm going to see what I have "in stock." I bought Gtechniz CSL and EXO for Barney but it may end up on the truck :ROFLMAO:
If not, then possibly 2 coats of CQuartz UK 3.0 ( the GTechniq CSL is not layerable ).
Wheels will likely get coated as well, not sure if i'm going with a dedicated wheel coating or just use up something else that I have.

I do not care for the AUTO OFF/STOP feature, so I will be turning that off

TrboGT

Aug 29, 2016
Gav'sPurpleZ Gav'sPurpleZ What ways have you found to disable Auto Off? And for an intake, the Cold Air Inductions system looks really nice and likely what I am going with. Though I have the 5.3 and I think you have the 6.2. For the bed cover, I got the Bakflip MX4 and it is AWESOME. Install was quick and it has been great. I use the bed a lot for hauling and I have no complaints with it.

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Gav'sPurpleZ Gav'sPurpleZ What ways have you found to disable Auto Off? And for an intake, the Cold Air Inductions system looks really nice and likely what I am going with. Though I have the 5.3 and I think you have the 6.2. For the bed cover, I got the Bakflip MX4 and it is AWESOME. Install was quick and it has been great. I use the bed a lot for hauling and I have no complaints with it.

I had the cold air inductions on my 2016, it was removed and will be listed for sale. I like the quality of the product and the enclosed top... but spending another $400 on an intake will be determined later.
As for the bed cover, I will buy a truxedo low pro KNOCK OFF, there seems to be ALOT of them for like 200 bucks. The only difference I have seen is that the Truxedo can be rolled up and fully removed where as the knock off brands only roll up. I dont use my bed for anything... so this is not a big deal. Why spend double the money ?

2020's might have a button on the dash to turn it on / off. A with a circle around it.

You sir are correct, button below the HVAC controls

Reactions: boostedguy05

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
contact cold air inductions. tell them you have a YouTube channel, and would like to review their product on it, see if they offer you a discount. link the vid you did for the old truck to show your support for them.

sounds practical but with 159x subs, I'm not sure they would be chomping at the bit to give anyone a break.... but it's worth and email.

GM performance intake or bust for warranty sake imo.... especially because not many people tuning these things yet.... and any intake imo if done right needs a lil adjusting.

the Y pipe in these trucks is a pancake, brutal.... I will check the GM unit

TrboGT

Aug 29, 2016
I had the cold air inductions on my 2016, it was removed and will be listed for sale. I like the quality of the product and the enclosed top... but spending another $400 on an intake will be determined later.
As for the bed cover, I will buy a truxedo low pro KNOCK OFF, there seems to be ALOT of them for like 200 bucks. The only difference I have seen is that the Truxedo can be rolled up and fully removed where as the knock off brands only roll up. I dont use my bed for anything... so this is not a big deal. Why spend double the money ?

You sir are correct, button below the HVAC controls

Well I'll be damned. You're right about that button. Thanks! When I bought my truck they didn't go over any of the features becuase COVID, and work life/home life has been busy so I have really just driven the thing and not read the book. Maybe i should do that. And you're right on the bed cover. Lol. My boss has it on his truck, had nothing but good to say about it so I just bought the same one. Didn't really look up alternatives. Sorry about that recommendation.

Reactions: Gav'sPurpleZ

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Well I'll be damned. You're right about that button. Thanks! When I bought my truck they didn't go over any of the features becuase COVID, and work life/home life has been busy so I have really just driven the thing and not read the book. Maybe i should do that. And you're right on the bed cover. Lol. My boss has it on his truck, had nothing but good to say about it so I just bought the same one. Didn't really look up alternatives. Sorry about that recommendation.

oh shit i thought you woulda known about the button :rofl:

im used to the start/stop now with almost 18k miles so

TrboGT

Aug 29, 2016
oh shit i thought you woulda known about the button :rofl:

im used to the start/stop now with almost 18k miles so

Lmao. Nope! I had just gotten used to it. I am at 2800 miles. 1200 of that was north carolina last month. I don't really drive much, and split it between the truck, cars and motorcycle. 18k already? Holy shit, lol. Well done. I didn't even know about Sport Mode until I saw that in a thread here I think. You might have even been the one who mentioned it. Started using that last week, what a difference. Thanks for that.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Lmao. Nope! I had just gotten used to it. I am at 2800 miles. 1200 of that was north carolina last month. I don't really drive much, and split it between the truck, cars and motorcycle. 18k already? Holy shit, lol. Well done. I didn't even know about Sport Mode until I saw that in a thread here I think. You might have even been the one who mentioned it. Started using that last week, what a difference. Thanks for that.

:rofl: we should just have a 2019+ sierra/silverado owner's thread... hmm.

yeah i like the on/off at this point because i can tell i am using less fuel.

18k, got the truck august 28th last year. had the white bmw for most the time too. :fu: i drive.

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL

no need to be sorry on the recommendation, I appreciate peeps in the know suggesting items. For where I live, park and what I do, a simple roll up cover fits the need. If I was parking downtown I would want the transformer robocop lock everything up top for sure.

:rofl: we should just have a 2019+ sierra/silverado owner's thread... hmm.

yeah i like the on/off at this point because i can tell i am using less fuel.

18k, got the truck august 28th last year. had the white bmw for most the time too. :fu: i drive.

saving fuel eh ?
I'm down for a thread.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Thread Info