Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
I used to have a 2012 Silverado CCSB with the 6.2 and max trailering package. It was tuned and fucking ripped for what it was. I towed sleds through blizzards with no issues ever.

I want the power as I have an addiction, contemplating a supercharger as well.

I drive 8 miles one way to work, so mileage is not a concern. I will likely level out the truck with 33s.

a newer version of your old truck sounds like it would be right up your alley

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
I thought I was the only one who took their truck on AT tires to the drag strip ?

That being said, 2019 6.2 + 10 speed is where its at if you want speed.

After all, this is a truck........

Didn't Chester copper nuts only get like 12mpgs in his 2500 ?
I mean, it’s a way to measure speed. :dunno: that’s a big difference in acceleration and speed.

Also car and driver tested them both not some clown on the internet.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Here are my thoughts on trucks:

F150 (which I own)
- Better engine options than GM or Ferd IMO, WAY more interior space (seriously, a sierra denali feels cramped compared to a CC f150). And I personally like the appearance more. Drive a 3.5 ecoboost then drive a similarly priced 5.3 GM, and you'll understand.

GMC (because chevy trucks are universally ugly IMO)
- The 5.3 is honestly just too weak for what these trucks cost. I'd consider buying a denali when they're selling for $20% or more off, but that's the only way i'd consider it. As stated above, the interior doesn't offer the space of an f150. BUT...higher trim GMC trucks do look good and have decent quality interiors

Ram
- I always loved Ram trucks, but I kind of feel about the new ones the same way I feel about the 5.3 GM. The engine has remained largely unchanged for over a decade...so why are these things $55k+ MSRP.

Toyota Tundra
- Neglected, ugly, shit MPG, lots of $$. They haven't really changed anything on this truck since 2007, except for a halfass redesign in '14.

Annnnnd nissan sucks, just as a general comment. The cummins titan was a flop, the only thing they've ever done right is the GTR

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
From a quick search and this may not be current spec just what I found 6.2 420hp 460tq 5.0 395 hp 470tq the only big difference is the 6.2’s are only available in top trim trucks from what I recall but I could be wrong there, you can get that 5.0 in a base f150, I guess it depends on if your buying brand new or used and what the budget is

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
The flip side of that is that when I buy a truck, I usually tend to keep it for quite some time (well past warranty and pay-off anyway), as such, I want something I "WANT" and will be happy to own for that long, which means, I generally want a top trim package, with the big motor, and other options checked off, etc... So even if it's at the top of my budget or maybe a little exceeding, I'm gonna pay up front to get what I want.

Knowklew

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 5, 2014
From a quick search and this may not be current spec just what I found 6.2 420hp 460tq 5.0 395 hp 470tq the only big difference is the 6.2’s are only available in top trim trucks from what I recall but I could be wrong there, you can get that 5.0 in a base f150, I guess it depends on if your buying brand new or used and what the budget is
Used and budget is listed as 40ish

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
I drove a new Ecoboost in 2016. Didn't care for it.
I did not like the small screen and the half center console.
That truck stickered for over 50k at the time.

No thanks
2017 brought some changes. Engine got more hp and supposedly more reliability. Don’t think the interior changed much though. Still a Ford though

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Reliability, my money is on the Tundra

Tundra TRD Pro is a Hell if a truck

Here are my thoughts on trucks:

F150 (which I own)
- Better engine options than GM or Ferd IMO, WAY more interior space (seriously, a sierra denali feels cramped compared to a CC f150). And I personally like the appearance more. Drive a 3.5 ecoboost then drive a similarly priced 5.3 GM, and you'll understand.

GMC (because chevy trucks are universally ugly IMO)
- The 5.3 is honestly just too weak for what these trucks cost. I'd consider buying a denali when they're selling for $20% or more off, but that's the only way i'd consider it. As stated above, the interior doesn't offer the space of an f150. BUT...higher trim GMC trucks do look good and have decent quality interiors

Ram
- I always loved Ram trucks, but I kind of feel about the new ones the same way I feel about the 5.3 GM. The engine has remained largely unchanged for over a decade...so why are these things $55k+ MSRP.

Toyota Tundra
- Neglected, ugly, shit MPG, lots of $$. They haven't really changed anything on this truck since 2007, except for a halfass redesign in '14.

Annnnnd nissan sucks, just as a general comment. The cummins titan was a flop, the only thing they've ever done right is the GTR

Thread Info