• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Fuel pressure Guage?

DynaSlim

TCG Elite Member
Aug 13, 2012
Plainfield
And why didn't anyone just mention this? WTF! Most likely what I'm going to use. Thanks everyone.

fpr_autometer3363.jpg

DynaSlim

TCG Elite Member
Aug 13, 2012
Plainfield
I had a friend over today to help me put the motor in and he mentioned that is what he used in his dually. My mind as been all cluster fucked the last couple weeks, why I took my vacation from work.

I just didn't think there were sensors with 1/8th npt ends that just screwed onto the line fitting. So far I found gauges for $50 each (not liquid filled) and sensors for about $35. Do about $100 to run an electric gauge setup.

DynaSlim

TCG Elite Member
Aug 13, 2012
Plainfield
What about using a1 Marine/coast guard/epa approved fuel line? It's fire tested with a 2.5 minute hold. Sure it'll need to be shielded near the headers and kept clear of any sharp edges that could vibrate a hole into it..

But it looks like a really good choice, an size hose won't work with my current fittings cause they size em like idiots. A -10 is a 7/16 id but the -8 is too big for 3/8 and the -6 is too small.

The a1 Marine fuel hose actually comes is standard sizing so I won't need to buy all new fittings and go through the fitting headache again. Hell I might even throw some Chrome tubing on it to shield the heat. My last motor I used aluminum tape on the rubber hose that was by the exhaust. Figure I could wrap the areas that will contact metal with some friction tape for added security.

Whatcha think?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info