Free to a Good Home - 6 Month old 1/2 German Shepard, 1/2 Lab-Sheltie Mix

Angus

Reaction score
Unfortunately, my in-laws has a puppy that needs to go to a good home as it does not get along at all with the miniature dachshund they already have. The pup, Sugar, is 6 months old, and a half german shepard, half lab-sheltie mix. She is a very sweet and loves to follow you all over the house. She's not yet old enough to be spayed. She has been to puppy training class and knows "sit", "down", "watch me", "around me", fetch ("bring it here")/"drop it", and "off". She is potty trained, ringing the bells on the door when she needs to go out. She gets excited around new people and other dogs, but is generally calm at home. She will be best in a single dog or large dog only home. She is free to a loving home and bed, toys, crate, potty bells, collar, and a starter bag of food is included.

She is really a sweet dog that loves to run and play. She plays all day long with my 70lb Goldendoodle.

Her about a month or two ago:

Most recent pics:

Send me a PM if you're interested. Dog is located in Wayne.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Great looking dog. Hope she finds a great home.

KnightFan26917

Old Cars, Strong Hearts
Reaction score
Oh my ... sure wish I was in a better position to get a dog ... would LOVE to have this one. I've been told a dog would be good for me to have, but can't at the moment.

Hope you find a good home for her!

Cort | 39.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 2 MCs + '79 & '89 Caprice Classics
CHD.cars + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = Cort's Web Pages
"A heart that's hopeful" __ Michael W Smith __ 'Place In This World'

tinfoilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
She's a puppy. You can train her to be non aggressive. I don't get why people give up when its 6 months old. Just because it has basic commands learned doesn't mean it knows how to be social.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Not only is he an expert on science and the military, hes an expert on animals.

Csurane24

I like big butts and I can not lie
Reaction score
I really wish I didn't open this thread.... She's a great looking dog, and my shep needs another dog to play with.

How is she in the yard? Does she need a fence or leash? How is she with larger dogs and cats? Does she have all her shots?

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
I posted this on the TCG FB. Question arose: How is she with kids?

Csurane24

I like big butts and I can not lie
Reaction score
This thread went all Sarah McLachlan on me... And that's without any abuse, that dog has one cute face.

DiabloG8

Reaction score
Thanks mook for asking for me how she is with kids, i also am wondering how big will she get?

OP
Angus

Angus

Reaction score
She is up to date on all her shots.

For the fence requirement, I am not totally sure but she stays around your area when she's out. So far, she's just been on leash when going out for walks and to do her business. When we've taken her to the dog park, it's just an open field with a track/path you walk around with your dog off leash. She's been there right with us when we walk around there so I'm confident she can be trained to not need a fence or lead. My family has had labs in the past that just like to bolt away as soon as you give them the chance and she's not like that at all.

She gets along fine with my large dog and they just play and chase all the time. I have not seen her around cats. She hasn't been around kids, but IMHO, I would say she would be fine. She's quite the people person.

For size, I'm guessing she be the size of a medium field lab, maybe 45 lbs or so... The sheltie seems to bring the size down a bit.

I hope that answers some of the questions. :bigthumb:

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm well aware, my good friend. Don't you have a C A T that needs his cone polished?

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Hes currently passed out in the middle of the living room, doped up on cat vicodin.

Dan00Hawk

Reaction score
Our good friends had their elderly retriever pass away a few months ago, and they are interested now in another dog. I'll be able to check with them tomorrow and will PM as soon as I can if they would be interested in Sugar. Thanks for posting!

Soulonfire11

Reaction score
cuteness overload! I don't even like dogs, but she's a beauty.

Donnie

Ethanol Junkie.
Reaction score
Holy fuck is she a cutie.

Let me talk to the woman. Would be great to get another dog in the house to give my sister's Husky some company.

OP
Angus

Angus

Reaction score
She's been playing with my dog all last night and this morning. My dog has a good size advantage over her so lays down to play with her :rofl: Or he's just lazy.

Not the best pic, but an action shot :)

OP
Angus

Angus

Reaction score
Any interest? Was just out playing fetch with her all lunch and she makes my dog look like a fetching idiot... :rofl:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom