• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Ford Racing Mustang sets half-mile speed record at Bristol [w/video]

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
You guys jump to a lot of conclusions on this forum. I am surprised Turk is in on this one too. He is usually level headed. lol

Let me ask you guys this, where does it say factory stock production car? No where! No one is saying it is a modified car. The Mustang is a production car. It is in a production class. Meaning it is not competing with tube chassis race cars.

Check out NHRA factory stock. Factory parts yes. Anywhere close to a factory stock car? Hell no. But they are built with in the class rules. Same thing with this half mile set up.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I just don't find it to be that impressive, but then again, I have nothing to compare this time to. What does a z06 or an ACR pull at this track?

Please research that and report back. Thanks. lol For all we know this is the first production car to make a run. :rofl:

It is all relative. Assuming the bike rider was a good one I would say the mustang did well.

"Seeing a sub-100-mph speed for a track race may seem slow, but trust us, it's not. By comparison, a Yamaha superbike hit the course and managed a time of 19.582 seconds at a speed of 97.990 mph."

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info