Ford Mustang Mach E

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Styling is subjective, 1/4 mile times are not. I like the way the Tesla looks. I just hate the minimalistic interior and I don't care about self driving.

People buy cars on styling both inside and out, not 1/4 mile times.

We look at things from an enthusiast viewpoint, but most people buying cars are shopping for "appliances" and do not research Nurburgring times or trap speeds. I bet that if most Tesla owners actually did a full pull, they'd soil themselves as they've never experienced a fast car and are not car guys/gals.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
People buy cars on styling both inside and out, not 1/4 mile times.

We look at things from an enthusiast viewpoint, but most people buying cars are shopping for "appliances" and do not research Nurburgring times or trap speeds. I bet that if most Tesla owners actually did a full pull, they'd soil themselves as they've never experienced a fast car and are not car guys/gals.
So what you’re saying is since the infotainment system on the Mach E is a buggy laggy nightmare, people shouldn’t buy it?

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
So what you’re saying is since the infotainment system on the Mach E is a buggy laggy nightmare, people shouldn’t buy it?

C'mon. I drove a 2021 Model Y for two weeks and became very familiar with how to reset a frozen touchscreen. At least if the Mustang's touchscreen freezes, you still have a speedometer.

I'm not playing favorites; they have their pros/cons, but touchscreen reliability is a strength of neither.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
C'mon. I drove a 2021 Model Y for two weeks and became very familiar with how to reset a frozen touchscreen. At least if the Mustang's touchscreen freezes, you still have a speedometer.

I'm not playing favorites; they have their pros/cons, but touchscreen reliability is a strength of neither.
I drive a tesla every day and not once have I had to reset it.

Reactions: MikeyLikesIt

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
The resident EV hater has scored the vehicles!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
We are shopping for another vehicle and was surprised they are available and on lots for Decent prices. My worry is the same as I previously had with a rare low production model. 5 years from now when something goes wrong and you are forced to pay big bucks to fix them.

Post those decent prices? new ones are hard to come by and those are selling for way over msrp. I see them go thru the auction used and it’s just stupid the way the market is.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Post those decent prices? new ones are hard to come by and those are selling for way over msrp. I see them go thru the auction used and it’s just stupid the way the market is.
I say decent because new vehicle prices are skyrocketing over $100k. I am just searching on auto trader and even when dealers post the market adjusted prices you can get one for $60k-ish. Right now that isn’t a bad price for a vehicle of that caliber. And I can’t believe I am even saying that. The most I ever spent on a vehicle was my 2011 raptor at $50k.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
I say decent because new vehicle prices are skyrocketing over $100k. I am just searching on auto trader and even when dealers post the market adjusted prices you can get one for $60k-ish. Right now that isn’t a bad price for a vehicle of that caliber. And I can’t believe I am even saying that. The most I ever spent on a vehicle was my 2011 raptor at $50k.

Anything used right now is way over priced.

Reactions: Aircal

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
We are shopping for another vehicle and was surprised they are available and on lots for Decent prices. My worry is the same as I previously had with a rare low production model. 5 years from now when something goes wrong and you are forced to pay big bucks to fix them.

Eh, it's not that low-volume. They've still sold more YTD than any single car in Lincoln's lineup.

Reactions: J-LO

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Funny. I saw one on the road just a couple days ago. Wife said WTF is that? I said Mustang. She said no that white car. I said, “it’s a mustang.” She said No!! That white car!! I say, “Yeah the one with the mustang logo on the back. It’s a new electric mustang.” She says it’s stupid and ugly and how is that a mustang? lol!!

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
"In our tests we can cover up the camera, we could not look at the road and it really doesn't give any alerts to the driver to make sure they are looking where they are going," says Fisher.

Overall, Tesla fell seven spots to 23rd place in Consumer Reports ranking of 32 major auto brands. It's the poorest showing in the seven years Tesla has been included in the "Top Picks" issue.

In addition to concerns about Tesla's Autopilot system, Consumer Reports is critical of the automaker's steering yoke, a change from the steering wheel in the Model S and Model X. Fisher says using the yoke is frustrating. "It is not just about making it harder to turn the wheel, but they also got rid of the turn signal stalk," he said.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info