Finally started the winter build

Shibby50

TCG Elite Member
Mar 30, 2008
Braidwood, IL
Picked up the Strange 12 bolt last week. Just sanded it and put a few coats of rust-oleum on it since it had some surface rust.
Gonna wait to put it in till the new 3.90 gears show up :jg:

28amd7r.jpg

28wfoew.jpg

Shibby50

TCG Elite Member
Mar 30, 2008
Braidwood, IL
Fedex guy showed up today with some goodies.

Yank SS3600
Racetronix pump and hotwire kit
NGK BR7F Plugs
And threw in the stall since I havent gotten a pic of it yet.

Inspired me to do some work today.

rmv9sm.jpg

Installed the Racetronix pump and Hotwire kit. Turned out to be wayyyy easier than I thought it would be.

kbsh1s.jpg

And mounted the solenoid box etc. Still need to clean it up and wire it all, just wanted to get the basics done today.

5plglk.jpg

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Jul 27, 2009
I hope its all buttoned up by then, it'll be on the road either way though :amsoil:

Still need to get a trans cooler/temp gauge and put in the nice built trans sitting in the corner of the garage.
Really not looking forward to that at all. Even with a lift

lol I will be there for ur trans removal.... lol jesus i pulled mine out in the garage 3 times over break. hahaha its really not that bad anymore its almost become a part of my life.

Shibby50

TCG Elite Member
Mar 30, 2008
Braidwood, IL
Finally got around to changing the spark plugs for a set of BR7EF's
Changing plugs sucks. I made Mr.gto do the rear passenger side one lol.

Doing the new Competition Engineering adj. shocks was more of a pain than I thought it would be.
Didn't realize till about install time that you had to tear out the carpet and my nitrous bracket/amp on top of it lol.

2jfjcj9.jpg

2qsyr1c.jpg

Also
-Put in a new fuel filter
-Put on the new brakes (brembo blanks & Hawk HPS pads)
mm8txe.jpg

And got a surprise yesterday in the mail :nutz:

2wltrhl.jpg

Shibby50

TCG Elite Member
Mar 30, 2008
Braidwood, IL
likes this

soo many times i contemplated just building up an Fbody... but everyone does it :(. Would be kinda sick to have 2 badass Fbodys in the garage... but alas, there is a taurus there instead hahah

I agree, lot's of people do it. But there's a reason for it. It has it's share of pain in the ass things to do, but it's been my first Bone-stock to built car build. And the first with my own money. It's been more than a good learning experience with how things work and how hard/easy some things can be to do. I've gained a lot of respect for people with these crazy builds being how mine is quite mild with no fabricating.

Shibby50

TCG Elite Member
Mar 30, 2008
Braidwood, IL
Wish I had your suspension and rear setup, I am not going to be able to take my car to the track this year because the stupid 10 bolt and not enough funds for rear after new engine setup :fu: Your car should be bookin when all done :s00ls:

Thanks man, yeah it added up wayyy faster than I originally planned. I think it does for everybody. I wanted to do the motor too but I chose to do it the other way around and just take money from the motor funds and get the best parts I could for the rest of the car.

Thread Info